“Magnificent finish!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Magnificent finish!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

A little takeaway, squashed in a line of waterfront shops in beautiful Paihia, Vinnies provided for my husband and I the most superbly cooked fish, Hoki, that I can remember tasting. Usually one to tear off the batter, this batter was so light, crunchy and tasty, I couldn't resist. The pieces were generous and once again, I broke my rule and ate my whole thick, delicious piece of fish. The chips were okay, but the fish was worth every one of the stars I've given it.

Visited February 2014

Boston, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

All cooked order but quickly with little waiting. Only does takeaways but good value. Menu bit limited but very tasty and well cooked.

Visited February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“So so”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have visited Paihia many times. This is one of the better fish and chip takeaways but to be honest it's not that great. As a seaside town, Paihia should have fish that is actually fresh tasting. Disappointing.

• Visited January 2014
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Fish 'n chips by the sea”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Generally, we felt the fish and chips were reasonable. Certainly not the best we had ever had but also not the worst! Probably a bit on the greasy side.There was quite an extensive menu of takeaways which are not our normal thing but this was a fun day out so we opted to have a go. We found the prices for drinks rather high so that two lots of fish and chips and two drinks came to $23.30. We did feel the premises were rather dingy and needing a spruce up.

The best part was finding a table by the sea.

• Visited February 2014
“Disgusting Stale Food ”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Ordered burger and chips. The bun was stale the meat patty was so extremely chewy like it was made from tripe very unpleasant taste and texture cost $11. So disappointed and will never go there again.