“Delicious Combination”

GREENS
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have been one of Paihia’s most popular restaurants since 2006 serving the finest Thai cuisine under the name ‘THAI GARDEN CAFÉ’ now rebranded as ‘GREENS’. Keeping the same Thai chefs, we are proud to announce that we have introduced full Indian meal, which will be served by a new team of highly experienced Indian Chefs.Lovingly prepared, authentic Thai and Indian cuisine, with a few surprisingly Kiwi twists – that’s what we have on menu at GREEN’S. With a wonderful mix of Thai and Indian dishes, you will enjoy the fusion of spice and flavour. From traditional dishes like Pad-Thai to Indian Butter Masala Chicken and new fish dishes which are closely guarded, using the finest quality ingredients is the speciality at GREENS.At GREEN’S, the dining experience is as important as the food itself. Take a seat in our modern and stylish water-front restaurant, and enjoy great service from our waiting staff.Whether here for lunch, dinner or a private function, enjoy an atmosphere that combines the Indo-Thai warmth with the friendliness Paihia is famed for.
Alhambra, California, United States
“Delicious Combination”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We love Thai and Indian food, and we were literally trying to decide between the two when we found Greens. What a great idea to combine the two. We were afraid they might do one of them poorly but both were fantastic. We had Penang Curry and Chicken Korma, with rice and garlic naan. The naan was nothing special, but decent. The Penang Curry was creamy and delicious. The Korma was recommended by the waiter over their Butter Chicken, and it didn't disappoint. It was nice and thick and a bit sweet with a great hint of spice even though we are wusses and ordered mild.

2 Thank JasonB2727

• Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Indian food I've had!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

After a long day of exploring Paihia, I asked some of the locals for their recommendation for good food. Without hesitation they pointed me to Greens, and I am glad they did! Really friendly staff, and some of the best Indian food I have ever had. Fantastic vegetarian options, and a lot of food for not a lot of money. Really glad I went to Greens and I will definitely return when I visit Paihia again.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Justin W
Lautoka, Fiji
“Takeaways!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

On holidays, some nights u want to stay in and relax and just get some takeouts!! Thats what my husband and i did.. We ordered takeaways from Greens Last night i must say it wAs prity good.. We ordered from the indian menu, and they told us our food would be ready in 15 mins, we went in on time to pick it up and it was ready for collection.. My personal fav was the palak paneer.. Was fabulous :) best Palak paneer i have had so far :)

3 Thank Avisha T
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Delicious food and wonderful service”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The curries and naan we ordered were delicious, much better than most places I've had in Auckland. The nicest Lamb Madras I have had!

And after my partner and I had ordered and were deciding whether to walk back to our motel and wait, or wait in the restaurant, they offered to deliver our food to our motel when it was ready at no extra cost! A very personal touch that we was most appreciated!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank missmoser
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Confidently Gluten Free!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was phoning a few places trying to find somewhere that offered gluten free meals so my partner and I could go outfor dinner while staying locally overnight. The person who answered my call absolutely knew what he was talking about and completely reassurred me they would be able to offer a delicious GF meal. He convinced me!

Along we went to be met with numerous GF options from boththe Thai & Indian menus! We ordered the Lamb Kadai & the Thai Sizzling Beef - both were fabulously scrumptious AND gluten free!

As someone with celiacs it can be a bit of a scary gamble when you go to a restaurant you haven't been to before. It's such a cool relief when they prove they know their stuff and you don't get sick!

Great value also... around $20ish for a main.

Thank you! We will be back!

• Visited March 2014