“Happy with the Indian food”
Review of GREENS

GREENS
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have been one of Paihia’s most popular restaurants since 2006 serving the finest Thai cuisine under the name ‘THAI GARDEN CAFÉ’ now rebranded as ‘GREENS’. Keeping the same Thai chefs, we are proud to announce that we have introduced full Indian meal, which will be served by a new team of highly experienced Indian Chefs.Lovingly prepared, authentic Thai and Indian cuisine, with a few surprisingly Kiwi twists – that’s what we have on menu at GREEN’S. With a wonderful mix of Thai and Indian dishes, you will enjoy the fusion of spice and flavour. From traditional dishes like Pad-Thai to Indian Butter Masala Chicken and new fish dishes which are closely guarded, using the finest quality ingredients is the speciality at GREENS.At GREEN’S, the dining experience is as important as the food itself. Take a seat in our modern and stylish water-front restaurant, and enjoy great service from our waiting staff.Whether here for lunch, dinner or a private function, enjoy an atmosphere that combines the Indo-Thai warmth with the friendliness Paihia is famed for.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

As other reviewers have noted, Greens has both Indian and Thai food. We stuck to the Indian menu and went home happy. A mixed vegetarian entree was tasty, with excellent onion bhaji. Main courses of a malai kofta curry and king prawn masala curry were both genuine and distinctive. The tandoori paratha bread highly recommended and better than the garlic naan, which was a little dry. The proprietor Vikas is an engaging fellow and happy to answer any queries about the menu.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Greens has both Thai and Indian menus. We went intending to have a Thai meal, but the Indian menu was much better than we expected to find at a holiday town restaurant that we ended up ordering Indian food, which was delicious!

Due to the nature of the Paihia shopping area, you have to be somewhat lucky to get any free parking in the vicinity of the restaurant, but there is a paid parking lot ($1 per hour) within about 6-7 minutes walk. There are indoor and outdoor seating areas, and as the weather was good we choose to sit outdoors.

I had Jalfrazi (sp?) Prawns while my wife has Melati (sp?) Chicken, accompanied by a glass of a light NZ Rose wine. Both meals were surprisingly good and we enjoyed them greatly. The service was laid back but none the less quite efficient.

1  Thank Billton
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

A very good experience at Greens lovely curries had by all in our party including the elusive dal makhani. Service casual but attentive. Would return without a doubt.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I ordered takeaway mango chicken and was told there would be a 30min wait. This was fine so I went for a walk and arrived back at the time they said it would be ready. When I got back it was 10min until anyone even spoke to me, over the next 15min I was asked twice what I ordered. Finally the food was ready an hour after ordering, which meant I had to stand in the restaurant waiting for 30min!! Not even an apology when they gave it to me... and as for the actual meal, it was some of the blandest indian I've ever had.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Can't comment on the quality of the Thai food, but we can on the Indian. Service was brisk, menu good detailed and varied. We ordered a couple of starters, main dishes and sides. Overall they were all as we asked for, and similar to what we would normally expect. Not cheap however, but just about worth it.

1  Thank Ikorel