Bay Sands Seafront Studios
$128
$122
Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$85
$79
$78
$95
$89
$93
$86
Agoda.com
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$77
$57
$65
$54
Agoda.com
All reviewsacross the roadsea facingpaihia wharfan updatehelpful ownershort walklovely spotthe kitchenserviced dailynew zealandstayed here for nightsenjoyed our staybalconymotelbayviewsunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here for a few days and had a lovely time. Sufficient space to cook for yourself, lovely sized room and perfect location. Very helpful people who assisted us in sorting out some of our side trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
BaySandsMotel, Owner at Bay Sands Seafront Studios, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear sir, Thank you for the kind review. We are always pleased to hear from our guests.
Bon Voyage!
Tulay, Owner
Baysandsmotel@gmail.com

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a 'de-stress' get away. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back. The owner was incredibly friendly, the room was exceptionally clean (was a lovely surprise to come back to find the dishes we'd left draining on the bench had been dried and put away for us), the beds were super comfy and the room was very spacious. Beautiful views and even tho we were right by the main road, traffic noise did not disturb us. Definitely value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
BaySandsMotel, Owner at Bay Sands Seafront Studios, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Hello Jodi Z,
Thank you for your recent visit to Bay Sands Motel In Paihia. I'm happy to read your kind reviews on tripadvisor.
When you do decide to visit Bay of Islands again, please consider dropping me a line and I will personally see to it that you are well provided for.

One again, thank you for your valuable input, and happy travels to you.

Kind regards
Mrs. Brumback,
Baysandsmotel@gmail.com

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed for three days in Paihia in this motel. The owner was more than helpful. The room was a little dated, but clean and spacious and more than adequate. Reasonable prices make this a good consideration for the lower end of the accomodation market.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

HI Jan L,
Thank you for your recent stay with us as Bay Sands Paihia.
We rather enjoy our "retro" look, although we are doing upgrades as well!
Please feel free to contact me personally when you return to our area. We would love to host you again!
Kind Regards,
Mrs. Brumback
baysandsmotel@gmail.com

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at sand bay motel for 4 nights $100.00 a night ..the room was dirty , we got clean towels and a quick flick with spray around the bathroom and rubbish emptied every day.the 1st day we had no tea towels the girl couldn't of cared I wiped down the bedside cabinets and tables , you could see cup marks and dust. The catch on one of the windows was broken so very easy to get in, also small wall heater , very cold at night I just wished I hadden paid when we arrived .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello, eddie and kay b,
Thank you for your recent visit to Bay Sands Motel In Paihia. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than adequate. We work hard to ensure a comfortable nights rest, but sometimes we fall short. The staff member you mention has been replaced, and the new housekeeper is doing very well. We have extra heating available at the front desk, as the weather in Northland can be quite unpredictable in the winter months.
Meanwhile, if I might ask a small favor... TripdAvisor is a powerful influence on the motel business, and a review of one star is very detrimental to our survival in a difficult market. Would you please reconsider a slight amendment to your rating? Surely we couldn't have been all that bad!

One again, thank you for your valuable input, and happy travels to you.

Kind regards
Mrs. Brumback,

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked a family unit for 4 & was given a unit at the back... No seaview! Spacious enuf tho...

The shower area has no curb thus water flows everywhere in the toilet/bathroom, what a mess! The shower head tubing has split & was leaking badly. Toilet heater is weak. All above makes the bathroom a wet & freezing place to be in winter.

Then I had dirty water splashing down from the ceiling in the next morning cos the unit above left their water running, wetting my luggage & contents, and almost our breakfast too!

While the staff were extremely friendly, no apology was given. I had to ask for an additional floor towel to cover the soggy carpet in the evening when I came back from the day tour.

I am not disappointed with the stay but neither will I stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hello ChrizLim,
Thank you for coming to Paihia and for your stay with us at Bay Sands Motel. I have personally seen to improvements so that these shortcomings are addressed and rectified. Let me personally apologize, and say thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention. On your next visit, email
baysandsmotel@gmail.com directly and I will see to it that your stay will be most comfortable!
Cheers