The Pickled Parrot is possibly the best hostal I have ever stayed in. We were there twice and stayed in 2 of the rooms and also had a nosey into the dorms. The rooms are spacious, spotless and the linen was also clean and good quaility. The beds look new and are very comfortable. The bathrooms are all communal, which I am not normally that keen on, but these were spotless and roomy. Nothing worse than having not enough space and hooks in the showers but this was great. Lots of hot water too. The comunal areas are large, both inside and outside and an interesting mixed group congregated there. There is TV, DVDs, a stereo, a book exchange, board games, a BBQ etc. The kitchens are well equipped and again, sparklingly clean. Rose presides over the hostal with high sprits, good humour and a mad joie de vivire. She is great. The hostal has another 5 permanent, VIP, residents - the animals. The parrot is bonkers - he miaows like a cat - and will sit on your shoulder; the cat is fluffy and likes being petted, the 2 jack russells, Smartie and Treacle are gorgous, as is Raven, a beautiful old black lab. This is the icing on the cake! Great value for money - especially as breakfast is thrown in for free!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands