We booked the parrot under the assumption that there would be breakfast provided and a clean room included. We arrived late, the room and the bathrooms were full of spiders and the high ceilings had not been dusted in who knows how long. The double bed was extremely uncomfortable and sagged to the middle and the curtains did not block any light and there were lights directly outside so the room was bright the entire night. We woke up to find a note in the kitchen stating that breakfast was cancelled because people were loud so she didnt give anyone breakfast and we had payed for it. She also did not arrive in the office until 930 even though the office hours began at 830 so we had to wait to check out.
False advertising for the breakfast, entitled staff, uncomfortable room. Go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands