My girlfriend and I stayed here in Feb 2013 for 3 nights. The place is located a 5 min walk from central Paihia, and has a really nice outdoor feel to it, with the rooms around a courtyard. Rose, the manager, gave us a warm welcome and we were able to check in as soon as we arrived. The room was a double with shared facilities, which was light and airy with a comfy double bed. Bathrooms were good, recently refurbished and clean (and sufficient in number!). Basic breakfast of toast and cereal are provided, get there early to ensure you get some as milk was finished by 9am. The kitchen and common room areas are good also, with pans etc provided. This hostel requests quiet from 10pm and silence from 11pm - which is adhered to and we had good nights sleep during our stay. Paihia is a nice seaside town, with plenty of bars and restaurants catering for the backpacking community (centred around kings road) and more discerning clientele along the seafront. I would defintiely stay at the Pickled Parrot again, maybe stay somewhere else if you're looking for a party hostel though! Oh yeah, there is free wifi which is quite fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands