Our two night stay at the Pickled Parrot in Paihai was our first backpacker experience. Our family had a four bed family room, but my husband and I had an ensuite room with lounge, kitchen and shared terrace which was over and above what we had expected. Everything was clean and tidy. Although we were ensuite, I did check out the communal showers which were modern and of a good standard. The manager Rose was a friendly person, and made us feel very welcome.
Would recommend The Pickled Parrot as a reasonably priced option when staying in the Bay of Islands, and it is a flat easy l0 minute walk into the centre of Paihai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands