After the initial struggle to find it as the sat nav was a bit confused, we ended up in a nice little backpackers.
We had a double room four ourselfs. It was basic but had everything you need. The room was clean but the mattrasses could be a bit more comfortable.
The kitchen is well equipt and has enough space to cook for everyone. Just next to the kitchen is the living room with TV and DVD player. So watching a DVD when people are cooking is almost impossible due to the noise.
There are enough bathrooms the amount of people and they are spaceous and from the looks newly renovated.
The staff is really friendly and was always helpful, let it be for organzing a trip or with other information.
The only thing is personally did not like was that the owners dogs walked around everywhere, especially the kitchen, as me personally I do not like animals close to where I prepare food. But this is my personal opinion.
Otherwise everything was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at the Pickled Parrot. Enjoy free breakfast in this small personal hostel set in a sub tropical garden paradise. Friendly welcoming hosts, very clean accommodation, excellent kitchen facilities, all linen provided. Close to beach, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Pickled Parrot Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Hotel Paihia
- The Pickled Parrot Backpackers Paihia, Bay Of Islands