“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Napier
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We popped in here on a Tuesday morning and were very satisfied. The seating area upstairs was uncomfortably warm, but there was plenty of seating downstairs and out on the footpath. The food and coffee was great and the staff were super friendly. Unfortunately their EFTPOS machine was down which necessitated a quick trip to a ATM around the corner, but they were super apologetic about it and it probably wasn't even their fault!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good vegan/ vegetarian options. It was my hubby's birthday when we arrived in Napier. We tried this cafe for vegan cake and were not disappointed. The coffee was nice too. Excellent customer service. Nice lil place with friendly vibe. We were glad to have tried it based on lonely planet's recommendation.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great coffee can be hard to find, it is a very personal taste. Ujazi make a really, really good coffee, they also make really good breakfasts. The poached eggs I had were perfectly cooked and my wife’s bagel was not only a generous serve but tasty – according to her.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Boo to one of my favourite cafes in Napier, epic fail Tuesday morning when I bought 4 trim flat white espressos only to find some miles down the road that 2 had soured milk :( It ruined my day and I couldn't take them back as I was travelling. I hoped for much better service from Ujazi but now likely won't return again when passing through Napier because of this.

Brent F, Owner at Ujazi, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our coffee. We strive to always provide the highest level of quality and service and will conduct a thorough investigation into why this happened. We appreciate all feedback good or bad and use feedback to improve our business and make sure it doe not happen again. We would like to remedy this issue. If you are coming back through the bay would you please drop by and give us another chance?

Kind Regards

Brent (Owner of Ujazi)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This place has amazing food and great service, I enjoy the busy atmosphere and efficient service. Excellent brunch food and great selection for my children too. Prices are reasonable and coffee is always a pleasure.