“Excellent authentic Singaporean food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Singapore Restaurant - CLOSED

Singapore Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent authentic Singaporean food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

We had dinner there while we were in Napier. The taste of the food brought me back to my childhood in Singapore, deeeelicious! A large vegetarian section as well. The people at the restaurant were very friendly and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Can't wait to go there again when we're in Napier!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank afrowoman

Singapore, Singapore
“Authentic and delicious Chinese Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is one restaurant that serves authentic Chinese food in (small town) Napier with a wide choice to select from the menu. The food is very tasty and absolutely delicious. We love the curry, fried rice, fried rice noodle, laksa and the chicken and will definitely recommend this restaurant when one is in Napier.

• Visited May 2011
Dartford, United Kingdom
“OK, but concerned about previous comments - did I miss something?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

We were desperate for a chinese to eat something different after 4 weeks in NZ, and went here, especially as it had a cheap buffet. I have to say, that buffets are not my favourite, as things might not be the freshest, and the fact that between Xmas and New Year (we were there 26th Dec?) there weren't too many people dining, but for this price what do you expect? However, everything looked good, and tasted reasonable with some different Singapore specialities, we ate our fill, and didn't suffer afterwards. I didn't make a note about VAT on the bill, mentioned in another review, although it does ring a bell that there may have been a problem here, now we have eventually got home after 3 months away. At the end of the day NZ$83 (£31) for 2 buffet meals and a bottle of wine (not their best aspect) can't be bad.

San Jose, California
“Good food attentive staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

We went to this restaurant becasue it was the only one open in all of Napier. I ordered a dish with tofu but I didn't like it at all since they used a different type of tofu than I liked. I complained and they said they were out of the other type but actually went out and bought some to re-make my meal. It was really good then. I thought their service was great and my three other friends enjoyed their meals as well.

1 Thank Atalanta8
Uppsala
“Last day food and illegal extras”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2009

We ate in this place the 26th december evening. They had a "buffé" which from the street looked good. We asked the owner how much it would cost for us to eat, and she answered 25$ for the adults and a little less for the kids. As we were very hungry, with small kids who didn't want to go more, we accepted.
The food was in fact rests from the christmas buffé. The shrimps for example were not fresh at all, and the two three meat dishes were disgusting.
At the end of this dinner, I asked for the bill, and the owner came with a hand-written paper where she added 12% VAT above the prices she gave us (so the real price for this disgusting meal was not 25$ but 28$ per person). She added VAT even on the drinks (which had a list price on every menu).
Avoid this restaurant !