“Dont bother, nothing special!”

The Salt & Pepper Club
Ranked #169 of 207 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Salt and Pepper Club has one of the best vistas in the area, overlooking the inner harbour of Ahuriri, showcasing beautiful views of sunsets and boats returning from sea. You can sit outside too – alfresco dining while you watch the happenings on the harbour.From 7am, you’re invited to enjoy our delicious breakfast menu. We serve a range of morning options, from a light cereal and juice to a
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recently myself and a few friends planned a night out. It was my responsibility and so I choose the venue. I was so regretful I did and embarrassed that I had taken my friends there. We were all so bitterly disappointed. The service was slow, the food was terrible, the building is old and dated and the only view we had was a person vomiting coming from the sports bar below. I would never come here again!

1  Thank jj j

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Overlooking the inner harbour the café is light & airy, very good all weather in or out.
Staff cheerful, polite & efficient & they all smile.Lots.
Good menu to suit all tastes & all well priced.
The view across the inner harbour is stunning. We will go back & take visitors

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed in bluewater hotel attached to the restaurant and figured the experience of the hotel would be matched by the S&P club restaurant. we were wrong.

The maitre D was having a bad day and everyone in the restaurant knew about it. The service was so slow but I dont think that was the waitresses fault. the problem seemed to be coming from the kitchen.
some of the staff were lovely, met a really nice girl from canada. she was having a tough day but still smiled and tried to improve our experience as much as she could. i felt sorry for her to be honest...

the food was terrible. we had good old pork belly and lamb rump. for mid range simple food it seemed over the top and flavourless.
this is not a restaurant i would recommend to my friends.

1  Thank daniel w
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We enjoyed dinner at the Salt & Pepper Club last weekend as staying in Napier for a long weekend break just this last weekend. We had purchased a voucher from an online offer, had booked, were expected and shown to the table (with view) we had requested. The waitress was exceptional, offering a taste of wine before settling on a glass - not to my taste so settled on another wine. The food was good with generous sized meal servings - even the entrees, probably not top end cuisine, but certainly a lot better than other dining experiences at places that pretended to be what they were not over the years. The restaurant had a last minute wedding reception booked in, but despite the added work load, the service other dinners certainly was not compromised - meals were served within good time and we were asked how long we wanted to wait between courses. Certainly adding to our list of places to dine in Napier for the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and teenaged son were on holiday staying at the Bluewater Hotel and decided to try the restaurant attached. As we were on holiday wè were dressed casual. We met at the entrance by a young lady that gave us the impression we were interupting her. We were seated and awaited our host to come and serve us. After 20 minutes without èven seeing a host another couple arrived and were seated immediately with a host attending to instantly. We were not even offered water this couple that arrived after us were given complimentary water whilst their drinks were obtained from the bar. We still had not even seen a host let alone ordered any drinks. After 45 minutes without even being acknowledged we left in disgust. We spoke with the receptionist at the Hotel and was told that the restaurant was a seperate business. And explained what had occurred and if she could point us to another restaurant she suggested the Gin Trap, we had a wonderful meal there with excellent service. The service at the Salt n Pepper was worse than McDonalds drive thru. Will never reccomend this establishment to anyone and seeing as my job has relocated me to Napier will never set foot in it either.