“Home away from home”

Deco City Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Napier
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

A more guest friendly establishment would be hard to find. Clinton, Robyn and their sons go out of their way to make their guests so very welcome and are always there to help in any way possible.

• Stayed: April 2012
Clinton G, Owner at Deco City Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you and so pleased you enjoyed your stay, We as a family do try really hard to ensure the guests have a positive stay

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Large units but very sparse fittings and furnishings - not really deserving its 4.5 star qualmark rating. My wife and I both bitten by some arthropod living in the sofas. Staff helpful and courteous. Grounds a bit shabby - weeds growing through the tiles etc - in need of a bit of gardening work

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Clinton G, Owner at Deco City Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

I have doubts as to ether the guest actually did stay here, though they are right we are helpful. We do not have tiles outside anywhere, we have award winning gardens and FULLY eqipped units some would say too much in the way of extras, we like to ensure the guests get the best experience. If the guest would like to contact me I am happy to check details further!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at Deco City. We had a very spacious clean studio unit with a spa bath, it was a very large unit, alot of space for a couple. Clinton & Robyn were very friendly, polite and made our stay very enjoyable. We look forward to returning to Deco City and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room in the corner, heard no traffic or carpark noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobynB09
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We recently stayed at Deco City Motor Lodge due to a work transfer until we secured permanent acommodation. We found our hosts Clinton and Robyn very helpful and courteous. They made sure that all our needs were met for the week we stayed and we felt very welcome and comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble for them - we recommend Deco City to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My stay in Deco City Motor Lodge was an amazing experience. My mother, my brother and I stayed at the motel 3 nights recently and we were treated like kings!! Literally!!

The people are friendly and always smiling. Internet connection was fast and food was just like at home. :-) It was too cold to enjoy the swimming pool but other guest were and enjoyed it on a sunny afternoon.

I highly recommend that motel on your stop in Napier city. It is such a good feeling meeting good-hearted people like the personnels of this welcomed motel. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Very spacious units are available. Even for 10 persons a house unit is available!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HerenuiM
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Recently we had a family get together in Napier and we were suggested by another friend for us to stay at Deco City. The initial arrival and booking in was very friendly where we met Clinton who gave us his full attention and professional advice etc.
The Room we were given was big, well set out and above all clean and warm as the weather was rather inclement.
Full marks to all concerned and we would return readilly.

Room Tip: Clinton the owner is a treasure !!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I recently returned to Deco City for a 4 day stay. I was so impressed the first time I stayed after being recommended by a friend. The rooms are tastefully decorated, and spacious, every need is catered for, kitchen area etc and the luxury of having your own deep spa bath in each unit was absolutely delightful. The location is close to town and shops etc and I found it to be very quiet, in fact I slept so soundly I nearly missed an appointment I had one morning for 9.30am! The owner/operators are extremely helpful, friendly, and go that extra mile to help in any way to make your stay enjoyable, There is also a outdoor pool BBQ area that looks inviting. I have stayed in many hotels/motels etc and this one rates top of the list for me and I would highly reccommend this to everybody.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo