“Top NZ winery”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top NZ winery”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent winery & cellar door. Close to the Mission winery - so most wineries can be visited on the same day
Church Road serve great platters at lunchtime

Wellington, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Now I Know Wine”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being a beer drinker, and having my wife who wanted to refine me a bit, we traveled to Hawkes Bay and looked at several options in the area to learn about wine. Our thought, go right to the source. Obviously, there are many sources in the Napier region. Church Road proved to be the perfect option. We took the full tour. Not only did we learn more about winemaking than I thought I would ever learn, but we also learned about wine. We tasted with a winemaker and talked all about it. Now I swirl my glass and rate the tannins with the rest of the wine crowd with confidence. Thanks for the great tour and all the knowledge imparted. My wife thanks you as well!

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Superb wines and food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This winery is intimate and friendly with knowledgeable staff to advise and explain the wines on offer. We did a tasting and picked a bottle of red we particularly liked to have with one of theIr food platters in the winery garden. It was a wonderful experience as the wine and platter were perfect compliments with everything you could wish for beautifully presented on the platter. We then ordered a magnum of the wine to be shipped to the UK as a lasting reminder of the experience. a visit to this winery is highly recommended.

Brisbane, Australia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Beautiful presentation, excellent/friendly wine staff, fails in value”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Impressive grounds with postcard perfect presentation upon arrival. The welcome at the cellar door was friendly and the staff knew alot about their wine.

Free sampling of their wine range was fair as there was only one wine that we liked out of six.

We enjoyed the explaination of how the grapes, soil, climate and method of fermentation all plays their part to produce wine.

Although on holiday we still like to find 'value'.
I am no professional wine taster.... but I found their prices of $32 up a bottle excessive. I would much rather have a Penfolds bin 128 over any one of their reds on offer.

While their cheese platter looked delightful I could not see the value of paying $40.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

* A+ for presentation
* Friendly but detached customer service
* Profit orientated

To expensive - geared to take advantage of relaxed tourists

Wellington, New Zealand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“wine tasting fail”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were ignored so after 15 minutes we left. we did have small children with us but plenty of adults to share keeping the kids amused.

1 Thank CBWELL889