“If you like Art Deco with style, then check out Hooters in Napier”

Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire Ltd
Book In Advance
More Info
$173.79*
and up
90-Minute Napier Vintage Car Tour and Hooters...
Ranked #1 of 30 Food & Drink in Napier
More attraction details
Owner description: Hooters Vintage & Classic Vehicle Hire is a family run business offering Napier's only Open Top Vintage Car Tours! But wait there's more..... Our Showroom houses over 20 Vintage & Classic vehicles and if you would like to pop along and visit it's just a gold coin donation to have a look around and have your pictures taken in some amazing British & American cars ranging from the 1920's to the early 1980's. Our most popular tour is the City and Showroom Tour that no only shows you our beautiful Art Deco City but also takes you back to the collection for a personal guided tour. We also offer a fantastic convoy service for group bookings and our self drive options include full driver tuition!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I recently traveled to Napier in the North Island of New Zealand. We were there for the Art Deco Festival in February, and boy what a decadent affair that was. While we were there we hired a MGB to tour the local area with all its vineyards and wonderful restaurants. The company we hired the car from was Hooters, which was a wonderful experience. They were so friendly and helpful and very British. Not only can you self drive a MGB and other Classic cars, but they also have an array of wonderful Vintage vehicles from Hupmobiles to Bentleys, where you can be driven around in style if you so wish. For the car enthusiast it is a real treat to see such beautiful cars. We highly recommend a tour in one of their vintage cars.

Hooters_hire, Owner at Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hi Guys,
Thank you so much for the review and glad you enjoyed our beautiful region especially at Art Deco its just fantastic, best time of year to come to the Bay.Great to meet you and look forward to having you back in NZ soon! :-)

All reviews
"new zealand"
in 16 reviews
"period costume"

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Before arriving in Napier I hadn't actually appreciated that this truly is the Art Deco Capital of the world, but the Art Deco Weekend (which I arrived just in time for) soon set me right :) So with all this impressive period architecture in such a friendly town I decided that I wanted to see and learn more - What better way, than to go on tour in a vintage vehicle!! I met Ana from Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire, who, much to my delight, was quickly able to arrange a tour for me in a 1920's Dodge with Lesley as my guide. I had an absolutely fantastic time! I learned so much about the town as I was being chauffeured around in true style :) Lesley was brilliant! Very informative, lighthearted, and incredibly accommodating when I wanted to stop or slow down to ask questions or grab some photos. After this thoroughly enjoyable tour I headed off to the Hooters showroom. One word? WOW! The beautifully maintained collection of vintage & classic cars is a DREAM :) This family clearly has a long-standing relationship with fine vintage and classic cars, so visiting the showroom is a right treat! Ana's dad David was at the showroom, letting me take my time to look around, ask questions & even take photos of these beauties. Anyone with even just a slight appreciation of classic & vintage vehicles really should get in touch with Ana from Hooters - I can't recommend them enough.

Hooters_hire, Owner at Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hi Tina,
It was a pleasure to meet you and show you around the beautiful sights of our fantastic city in true vintage luxury and style. So happy you enjoyed the day with our team and hope to see you again in the future! Happy Travels!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having arrived in Napier for the Art Deco Festival which takes place annually over a weekend in mid Feb we visited Hooters Vintage Car Hire where we had already pre booked one of their superb cars for a South Island tour. The showroom is full of vintage and classic cars, which in itself is worth a visit. Sadly, neither the Legonda Le Man Rep nor the magnificent Bentley were available to hire. The staff are all friendly and very knowledgeable both about the cars and about the history of Napier. A couple of days later we picked up our selected mode of transport for the next 2 weeks; a patinated, sky blue, 1979 Chevy Camero. After acclimatising ourselves with this big American cruiser we set off on what would become one of the best 3,000km road trips we've ever done. After driving over winding mountain roads and through breathtaking passes, visiting glaziers, whale watching and imbibing in the odd winery now and again we reluctantly returned the car to Hooters. Sure, you can hire your little Japanese car with its Sat Nav so you know exactly where you are and where you should be at any time or you can do what we did... Chuck the luggage on the back seat, plug in the iPod, stick your arm out the window and make it up as you go along in "Sky" the Camero which is now an old friend... Thank you Hooters, we had a ball. We look forward to our return visit for the North Island tour.

Hooters_hire, Owner at Hooters Vintage and Classic Vehicle Hire Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review, so glad you enjoyed your adventure in 'Sky' and we agree whole-heartedly with you, what better way to travel in such a beautiful country where there is a 'wow' moment around every corner. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Didn't know much about Napier when we set foot in the town so decided to take a tour. Due to mobility problems decided to take a ride with Hooters Vintage & Classic Car Hire. Opted for the tour of the town (for the history) and the showroom excursion. Absolutely brilliant. Loved the black and burgundy Citroen, Phil the driver was knowledgeable and courteous and my husband was over the moon with the showroom visit - so much to see (have more photos of the cars and memorabilia in the showroom than we have of any other place we visited in New Zealand!). Great fun and would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks Ana for all your help.

Hi Guys,
Thank you so much for your review, great to meet you and enjoyed talking racing, although we may need to extend the time for a showroom tour or get a big shoe horn to extract big boys away from their toys! :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I hired a little red convertible MGB to take a road trip to Taupo from Napier. We had so much fun we ventured on to Rotorua. Touring the Thermal Explorer Highway with the top down in the sunshine was a magic way to view this part of the North Island.

Hooters themselves were brilliant, friendly and very knowledgable. They recommended various places to stop at on the way and advice regarding never passing a petrol station. Well heeded, there was a poor family having to pay for emergency gas at a coffee shop half way to Taupo. We felt smug.

Thanks Hooters, you gave us a very memorable experience during our short stay in NZ.

Thank you so much for your review, it was fantastic to meet you both and thank you so much for the wonderful pictures you sent us too, it looked an amazing trip! So glad you liked our little sporty MGB and we will indeed keep her in fantastic condition for your 2014 visit! Not too long to go! :-)