“Slow, impolite service. Average food.”
Review of Bay Espresso

Bay Espresso
Ranked #17 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Napier
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
NZ
“Slow, impolite service. Average food.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I won't be back here in a hurry. The food took over 30 minutes to arrive, not cool when you're having a quick lunch (and have been told it will be 15 minutes). When asked how long the food would be (after double the time) we were impolitely told "I toooold you it would be 15 minutes", on being told we were already twice over that time, the lady got snooty. We were very calm and reasonable about it, so it was quite a reactive response. I ordered fritters and they were very dry. They need a guacamole or sour cream. The food was quite expensive. Not the best if you have young kids who can't wait long.

Visited May 2013

Maungaturoto, New Zealand
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

we have been to 4 out of 5 Bay Espresso's and have received great service at all of them.

The food is good as well, will keep going back as long as we are in the Bay Area

Visited June 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Best Coffee ever!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was the Havelock Nth Cafe but the coffee and the cheese scone was the best I have had anywhere and I'm 60 so have had a few. Both full of flavor. I can understand why it was full of people. Well done.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HappyKiwi66
Havelock North, New Zealand
“Expensive and mistakes!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Met up with friends for brunch and ended up being left on our own as we had to wait for our sons order to arrive. I ordered at the counter for my family, 2 adults and 3 kids. My youngest son only likes boiled eggs so I asked if it was possible for them to make him one, rather than have fried or poached, which they said they would do. When the meals arrived, they had doubled up my husband's order and made poached eggs not boiled for my son. The waitress went to ask if a boiled egg could be made and we were advised it would take 10mins. SInce when has it taken 10mins to boil an egg? Luckily we also thought to ask if we had been charged for the duplicate meal, which we had, so the waitress refunded us. We had ordered from the kids menu, so was surprised when their meals turned up with balsamic vinegar drizzled all over the plates, which was not listed on the menu. Can't understand why you would put it on a kids meal without asking first. As the vinegar had been soaked up by the toast the kids wouldn't eat it. It felt like we paid a lot of money for my 3 kids to eat a total of 3 eggs, 1 piece of toast, 1 piece of bacon and 3 little sausages, when all they really wanted was to go to McDonalds!

• Visited March 2013
Taupo
“Will certainly be back”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

It was a Monday morning and we wanted a breakfast place to go and by default ended up at this place. What a wonderful choice. The service was superb, friendly and helpful. One had the eggs benedict (the poached eggs were cooked exactly as requested and were perfectly done) and 2 others had the big breakfast and they all said the meals were just wonderful. The only comment was that if you don't like spicy sausages then request a different sausage. I had the homemade muesli which come with plenty of fresh fruit and was also good. My husband likes his coffee after his meal and for the first time ever he didn't have to remind staff to bring it to him. As soon as he looked up to request it it appeared. Well done

• Visited January 2013