“The ONLY Restaurant that ticks all the BOXES”

Valley d'Vine Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 197 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: New Zealand, European, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Napier, New Zealand
“The ONLY Restaurant that ticks all the BOXES”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I Visit Valley D' Vine on a regular basis and have ALWAYS found the food spectacular.
This restaurant offers a locals night on a thursday (with one option being cheaper, but of course still offering the rest of the menu) and steak night on friday, of course you book to make sure there are tables available (I have never been let down once)
Lovely views on a hot summers night and nice and warm inside when its miserable out.
I have always found the staff accomodating, friendly and helpful and happy for you to sit and talk with whom ever after you have eaten.
I believe the food comes out in a timely manner, and a good space of time between ordering starters, mains and desserts.
I would highly suggest visiting this restaurant if you're looking for top quality food with friendly staff. A must if your coming to Napier.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank RachW343

Hastings, New Zealand
“Extremely dispointed”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife phoned the restaurant 4 or 5 times over a 3 week period. Each time she rang the person on the phone was quite rude about a booking, as to weather it was a Grab one voucher or not. The first few times there was no space available. When we finally got a booking they said they would have to squeeze us in as Friday nights were very busy. Once we had arrived it was obvious that busy to them means two tables with two people, when they have seating for around 80. Next we got to overhear the end of an argument between the manager and the chef. The service was quite good. The food itself was something i could have cooked at home and done a better job.
Overall i would not recommend this place to anyone and i would, if asked tell people not to waste the time and money on this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Napier, New Zealand
“Bit hard to find in the dark”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Even thou I knew where the restaurant was situated, we overshot it in the dark and on arrival was told the bulb had blown on the roadside sign. Warmly greeted , seated, drink order taken. Nice ambience. Quiet mid week evening. We had the Grab One 3 course meal deal. Meals delicious. Meat cooked to perfection. Desserts beautiful. Lovely evening. Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Adrienne F
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice food, good staff, strange manager.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Last week I phoned this restaurant to make a booking. The person who answered the phone handed it to the owner to speak to me which I found a bit strange. He questioned me regarding a grab one voucher and proceeded to tell me that the grab one special had finished and that if I wanted to buy the voucher I had better do it within the next five minutes. I hadnt purchased the voucher and was just checking to see if we could make a reservation the following day as we were heading back to Auckland. We booked in and arrived there to be greeted by young staff. Service was very good and the bread starter was fabulous. Our meals came quite fast and we found the staff to be extremely friendly and nice. Unfortunately there were people around us leaving as there was a delay in getting their orders taken.

Our meals were lovely but unfortunately consisted of mainly salad with 3 slices of meat on top of them. Lucky we had the bread starter. These mains should be called salads.

This is a lovely setting and as it is new I am sure the food will improve.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank 97Petra
Napier, New Zealand
“New restaurant, excellent food, attentive service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent food and wine, great service, lovely setting. Definitely go again. This is a new restaurant set in the Esk Valley. We are expecting to see some great developments over the summer months including live music!!

Visited October 2012