“Great Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mister 'D's Bistro

Mister 'D's Bistro
Ranked #5 of 195 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We chose Mister D's for lunch on my wife's birthday. The lunch menu looked more interesting than the dinner menu. They don't take bookings for lunch and we had a short wait. Once we were seated the service was excellent. The choice of food and drink was great and we really enjoyed the meal. We will return the next time we are in Napier.

Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Loved Dinner So Much - We Returned For Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I had been to Mr D's before so was keen to take my friends here.

We arrived about 7:30 on Friday evening and the place was quite full. I hadn't booked but they found a table for us. We were offered beverages and they promptly arrived.

Our waiter was great. The right blend of familiar and professional. He had a good knowledge of both the menu and the specials.

We shared entrees and had the terrine and trevally sashimi salad. I'd describe both, and their accoutrements as excellent.

For mains, I had the Hapuka with harissa. The fish was cooked perfectly. Moist the whole way through. The harissa and preserved lemon complemented the fish brilliantly. I could not find fault with the dish at all and am already planning a return to enjoy it again.

Mr D's is too casual to be considered fine dining (not that they are trying to be) but they absolutely nail it with both food and service. Napier is lucky to have such a great restaurant in the heart of the city. If you're in town...... I'd consider it a must!

“Good food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went for a romantic Saturday dinner and it was a lovely time but the service was a little odd and very slow at times. We were left a while before being asked if we wanted to order a drink. The wine list wasn't as impressive as I had hoped with too many Italian choices and not enough New Zealand ones, especially considering the region.

We had a tasty started or Gnocchi and both ordered the beef main. The meat was good but a little chewy and tasteless, it had been cooked in olive oil but without much seasoning. I would not order the beef again but I would return to try other dishes.

• Visited February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

my son could only find this place in napier for a quiet breakfast on sunday morning.
great service clean food was awesome very tasty
head waitors was very pleasant polite.
would recommend this cafe to anyone looking for agreat clean good service cafe.
well done
keep up the good work
napier is very privelaged honoured to hve this cafe there

Hastings, New Zealand
“Perfect Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We dinned with a large group (approx 20 adults and 6 children). Mister D's put together a wonderful set menu at a very reasonable $60 per head. We had a generous serving of various appetisers that everyone shared and raved about. Our mains were divine. I had the pulled pork which was flavoursome yet nice and fresh and light with wonderful textures. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the angus beef which was "melted in your mouth" material. Deserts were also stunning. The range of vino available at Mister D's is quite refreshing and their sommelier, Matt, recommended some unique and very delicious wines. The children in our group were also well catered for and their meals hit the spot. Thank you to all the staff for the wonderful meal and great service. Despite our large booking, we felt very well cared for. What a great night out.

• Visited February 2014