“Excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!”
Review of Mister 'D's Bistro

Mister 'D's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 217 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We started by having brunch here - I had breakfast and my partner had lunch. Everything was good quality and well cooked. The wait staff were really good, and food arrived quickly and efficiently. I would say the famous doughnuts are a bit over-hyped, but I expect kids love them.

We then decided to book for dinner a couple of days later. You need to book, as this place gets packed. But the staff are on top of everything, service was good, and again, the food was superb. Interesting menu, a few dishes that were a bit different, and all very good.

Overall, recommended at any time of day!

1  Thank Outinthemiddaysun

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic donuts an great atmosphere a surprize walk in off street a recommend if in napier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Enjoyed lunch here two days in a row when visiting Napier. Great welcome, great service and wonderful food! No chicken and steak on this menu - more inventive than that! I had a superb duck risotto, crispy duck skin and melting flesh, cooked perfectly. The next day I had the onion tart with caramelised onions, olives and feta and it was beautiful. My fellow diner had the anchovies both days, too good to miss, he said. Napier is lucky to have Mister G's . Oh, and the doughnuts are legendary...

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nailed it. Lunch for 4 was superb in all respects. FRESH baked ciabatta buns served with DELICIOUS olive oil, signature dish of venison sausage was exceptional, risotto pronounced best ever, fish of the day delicious, desserts all excellent. Beverages served beautifully. Even the 'correct' stemware for our Pinot Noir. Impressive. Friendly and attentive service. Gets our top recommendations. Can't wait to return when weather warms up to dine al fresco.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Recently had a mid week lunch at Mister D's and loved it. The menu was interesting and had some nice light options for lunch, the wines by the glass well considered and matched to the food.

We tried the Ortiz anchovies to start - delicious and cutely served in the tin with whipped butter, a fine ground dukkah and lovely rustic bread. Really recommend this as a share plate for 2.

My dining companion tried the sashimi which was snapper on the day. It was melt in the mouth served with avocado, orange segments and fresh dressed greens. Hands down best dish of the lunch. I tried the caramelised onion tart with feta and olives which was tasty, but in my opinion probably didn't need the olives.

We finished with a lovely oozy brie served with oatmeal cookies (think Anzac biscuits!) and sticky figs topped off with a lovely pink sticky wine.

Devine lunch, excellent service and great atmosphere.