Mon Logis Bed and Breakfast
$125
$114
The County Hotel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Restaurant
$114
$120
$116
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)(Great Value!)
$102
$75
$119
$108
Priceline
Shoreline Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Priceline
All reviewshost gerardfresh fruitguest loungethe perfect hostmarine parademerci beaucoupmuesliham and cheese omeletteindonesian restaurantother guestsb and bevery morningnew zealandlocal knowledgeoff street parkinghistoric buildingplace to stay
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I spent a week at Mon Logis - what a gem of a place this is. Gerard is a wonderful host. He keeps is B&B in perfect condition, the rooms are immaculate, and the beds are the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The location is perfect - within walking distance from just about everything in Napier.
The breakfast is a feast, from the freshly baked croissants to the fresh fruit and fluffy omelets.
Will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Mon Logis was our first B&B stay, and Gerard made it a very welcoming and comfortable experience. Our room had beautiful views of Hawke's Bay and lovely decor. Everything was clean and neatly kept. Homemade breakfast each morning was fantastic, so much food we didn't need to eat again until dinner! Gerard made excellent recommendations for attractions and helped us book our wine tour, which was also great fun. Overall, we had a very memorable visit, and we couldn't have had a more friendly and accommodating host.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed with Gerard for two days and really enjoyed his hospitality. The rooms where well appointed and the beds where the most comfortable I have sleep in. The breakfast was like eating at a five star hotel. Great company and great adivce on attractions and restaurants. Really enjoyed our stay .
Thanks
Grace and Marie

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed with Gerard at Mon Logis for one night in July (although we wished we'd allowed longer). The B & B was gorgeous, very simple with lots of nice little french touches. We particularly loved the bed which was extremely comfortable with lots of crisp white covers. We were lucky to have a view out over the ocean which was lovely in the evening and the next morning.

Breakfast was delicious and Gerard even gave us some croissants for the road (which came in handy later that day).

We also had a lovely dinner at the local wine bar and got to pick up some art from the local artist co-op.

Overall the night in Napier rated close to the top of my NZ experiences.

Kama (and Tony)

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We never stayed at Mon Logis but I did try and suceed in making a reservation with Gerard via email. The next day he tells me via email that is cancelling our reservation without explanation. 6 minutes later I get a second email saying the no longer have any rooms available. I have no idea what happened. Only a total of 8 or so emails were exchanged so I dont think I asked too many questions and all were quite pleasant till he apparently changed his mind. We are just a couple as well so its not as if I told him he had screaming kids and pitull. The purpose of this review is to put other potential guests on notice that this may happen to them and be aware that owner appears a bit mercurial.

5  Thank jersey1977
GerardofMonLogis, Owner at Mon Logis Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2010

Thank you for your revue Michael unfortunately your revue is misleading the reader and it is not what happens. I will respond as Follow .
A-As you probably recall you initial inquiry dated 16/07/10 was for the month of February 11 just before the Art Deco week end 25,000 peoples are visiting Napier a very busy time for the hawkesbay region . While exchanging a large number of emails You changed the date of your booking a few time ,you also was not sure if your wife was happy with the only room available with the Bathroom situated in the hall (Please refer to your quote : "My wife is not too keen about a separate room ") .This email clearly indicate that you were not sure if you were going to go ahead with the Booking .
Others guest were ready to book on line at this time as well .I went ahead with another Booking and informed you of my decision given you other name of accommodation providers in Napier .
B-They were No booking Confirmed at any stage of our exchange of email , for your information Michael A confirmed booking is when a guest give his or her credit card details and receive a Reservation & Confirmation by return email with details of their Booking eg :Date in ,Date out ,Number of stay night , total Cost ,eta, etc.....) This never happen .No confirmation of Booking was given to you Michael !!
I have been the owner of Mon Logis for more than 10 years i have a very good record of hospitality and professionalism please refer to all the good revue on Trip advisor your quote "that owner appear a bit mercurial " is of a bad taste and does not reflect my character .As a host I always try my best to satisfie my guests /clients but there is a very small minority of guest like you Michael who will never be satisfied .
Good luck with you Accommodation in Napier .