Mon Logis Bed and Breakfast
Ormlie Lodge(Napier)
$142
$120
Hotels.com
The County Hotel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$117
  • Restaurant
$163
$134
Agoda.com
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)(Great Value!)
$253
$229
  • Beachfront
Quality Inn Napier Travel(Napier)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
$165
$140
Priceline
All reviewshost gerardfresh fruitfrench styleguest loungethe perfect hostmarine parademerci beaucoupham and cheese omelettemuesliindonesian restaurantother guestsevery morningnew zealandwonderful hospitalitylocal knowledgeoff street parkinghistoric building
Reviewed January 26, 2009

We stayed two nights at Mon Logis and very much enjoyed it. We are proprietors of a B & B, in the UK so perhaps a little picky, but overall we thought it excellent. Gerard is very good company, knowledgable about the area and well known in the town. Breakfast was generous and cooked freshly to order. Our room was large, light and had crisp white linen and a super king bed. Free wifi was a real bonus. The longe has television, tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge with orange juice and mineral water free of charge. We ate at The Mission, at Gerard's suggestion, and the food was good, but service was slow. We have no hesitation in recommending Mon Logis. It is convenient for walking into Napier where the Art Deco buildings are well worth the self-guided walk. Hastings is also nearby and offers similar architectural attractions.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Mon Logis is a boutique B&B in Napier. On arrival we were met by our host Gerard and he showed us around the B&B and to arrange breakfast for the following day. Napier is a great place and by staying at the Mon Logis you will get a feel for the art deco feel for the area.
Gerard is well known in Napier and before booking any trips etc speak to him first. Sadly we never made it for a meal at the Mission but everyone we spoke to who had been there said it was great.
And before I forget the breakfast. I'm not a huge breakfast person so on our first day I elected for a bowl of fruit with toast, wow I've never seen so much fruit it was out of this world. The following day I decided to give Gerards cooked breakfast a go, what can I say. Its all fresh and cooked perfectly and presented with care. On all our travels Gerards breakfast will be one that I will remember and I have already told friends and family about it.
Thank you Gerard for making our stay in Napier memorable.
Paul and Carolyn

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2009

My wife and I stayed one night at Mon Logis. It was tastefully simple room. The innkeeper was pleasant and friendly-breakfast was outstanding! Eggs were made to order and bacon was served in heaps. The price was the best among properties we considered in Napier. Close to the ocean for a nice walk and restaruants just outside of walking distance (if the wind is blowing and it is freezing cold) I'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Mon Logis is an attractive building but it's more bed and breakfast than a lodge or hotel. The room we were in was small but it was clean, comfortable bed and good shower. Gerard is welcoming and hospitable - there is a main lounge where guests can stay, help themselves to coffee, tea and biscuits. His breakfast was reasonable but I wouldn't describe it as a gourmet breakfast - it was OK but not particularly special.

I think it's a good bed and breakfast with a reasonable breakfast but I think Gerard's description is a bit exagerated and the photo of the house and its' location makes it look more isolated than it is. It's in a long row of various types of houses beside a wide road which runs along the beach.

I don't want to sound as if it's not a good place to stay but I must be honest that it didn't come up to its description so I had to get over my initial disappointment before I could begin to value what it offered, easy access to Napier and a friendly host.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Indira
GerardofMonLogis, I am the owner at Mon Logis Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2009

Thank you for your comments regarding Mon Logis Gourmet Breakfast .I would like to respond as Follow . Mon logis Breakfast start with a generous Bowl of Fruit mainly from the Bay includindg Fruits like Strawberry,Blueberry,Pineapple,apricot,Kiwi fruit ,Grapes,Banane ,accompanied with fresh orange juice,musli and yoghurt .There is also Fresh Croissants and Bread ( baked Daily) with a selection of Jam,Butter,Marmalade,etc....
The second Dish can be a choice of Bacon and Eggs with any kind of eggs on toast ( Fried,Poached,Scrambled ) or a French omelette with any kind of filling .There is also a Choice of Teas,Herbal,English breakfast etc....and great Coffee the beans are Roasted nearby in Havelock North Daily.
I honesty have difficulty understanding the complain made ! I work very hard at being a great host ,the place is clean,the showers are good and everyone compliment me on my Breakfast .If specifics comments or Complain are made I seriously look at them to see how best I can improve the experience I offer to my visitors .Positive Comment are also welcome as they validate the Hospitality I offer .

Reviewed January 5, 2009

Gerard was a great host. I looked at other reviews-some were a little harsh-for an 1860's building [not many in NZ] it is in good condition. I note someone commented it did not look like it had been looked after. Thats strange the day/night we were their a painter had been working in one of the rooms. But i guess there is no pleasing some people. For my 'friend' and I the beds were really comfortable. The noise of the surf is a great way to get to sleep and to wake up too.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple