Scenic Hotel Te Pania
$114
The County Hotel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Restaurant
$120
$116
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)(Great Value!)
$102
$75
$119
$108
Priceline
Shoreline Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Priceline
Ormlie Lodge(Napier)
$141
$120
All reviewsacross the roadmarine paradeocean spahot poolshigher floorsea frontfloor to ceiling windowsart decobuffet breakfastsea viewnew zealandfree wifimini barlovely roomwithin easy walking distancestayed longercentral location
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a relaxing few days in this hotel enjoying lovely views from our room. Very clean and tidy room and hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Well positioned for shopping,restaurants, coffee shops and lovely walks along the Pacific Ocean. Also close to vineyards and the wine trail.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The proximity to the beach and shops makes it a great base. We look forward to your next stay.
warmest wishes

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Location is excellent. A lot of traffic passes Te Pania so noise can be an issue (no double glazing). There are many restaurants close by. We only had breakfast at Te Pania which was adequate.
Rooms are OK but no free wifi in rooms or in the lobby. No concierge so you handle your own baggage. Bar closes early but apparently you can request a barman to stay on!
Overall its OK but in a tourist area like Napier I thought it could be better.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea but go as high as possible to avoid the road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at Te Pania. I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment, it gives us a great reason to review our processes.
kind regards

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had stayed at some cheaper places before, but spent a little more in Napier
Nice option - well appointed rooms, good service, modern hotel (apart from jarring external architecture), relatively close to centre of town

Only downside was the bathroom extraction fan made loud humming sound even after it was 'off', but reception went and turned it's main switch off for us, so slept well

Best part was the restaurant
They had a three course fine dining deal on - which was excellent value for money, with really good service from head waiter. Exquisite dessert!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed the Menu of the Month. It is a concept that is relatively new.
I am delighted you enjoyed the service you received, I shall pass it on to the team.
warmest regards

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Ok... the hardest bit is trying to find the carpark for the hotel.

The best bits.... the staff were great and nothing was a problem! They let me leave my car in their carpark for a day at no cost.
The food was magnificent! I had a 3 course special for $29 which i thought would be average. What i wasn't expecting was silver service, warm breads and a sorbet between courses. I was blown away by the value and quality of the meal!

The rooms were to a high standard. Good broadband coverage.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ScenicHotels, General Manager at Scenic Hotel Te Pania, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment..I do apologise for the lack of signage to the carpark, I am sure you will appreciate that the building is an interesting shape and that poses problems with signage. I am glad you enjoyed dinner - we like to add something extra on our menu - I will pass your comments on to Achyut our Executive Chef.
We look forward to your return
wamr regards

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place was perfect!! From the luxery bedding , to quality rooms, to 5 star service! The Resturant food was wonderful, as was the service from every staff member there, including Management. Rooms were clean and of great quality! Thoroughly enjoyed out stay with you Scenic Pania -and would come back in an instance!!!
We were three individual adults and had two bedrooms plus a private lounge between us. Was a great choice!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments..I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return
warm regards