The Art House Backpackers
$83
$138
$111
Agoda.com
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)
$117
$80
The Nautilus(Napier)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
Shoreline Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$74
$68
$117
TripAdvisor
All reviewsenjoyed my stayhosteltvbedroomlounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2013

After almost one year in New Zealand, I can say Andy's Backpacker is the worst backpacker of my trip.
The kitchen was really dirty, I couldn't use a pan or a plate because they were all dirty, there was a lot of food on the floor, a lot of flies on the air, no washing product, no tea-towel...
I spent my night in a dorm room but I was alone in the dorm because the guy said me he was so lazy to change the dirty sheets in the others beds...
If you're gonna to visit Napier, avoid this hostel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here once before. Once again it was comfortable. No great luxury but hey, it's for backpackers. Bed OK, bathrooms OK with hot, hot water for showers.
I think it's looking a little tired and could do with a good clean and mild refurb.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. It was impossible to walk bare feet in my own room, only a minute after checking in because the quality of the cleaning was grim. So much rubbish on the floor, the kitchen has dishes piled miles high because nobody seems to clean them. The toilets never seem to have toilet roll and my room was really dark. I have very little positives to say about this hostel, and after seeing other reviews about bed bugs, it doesn't surprise me. Sorry, but sort it out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This Back-Packer / Hostel is located downtown about ½ block from the City Hall & Town Center main pedestrian street as well as the sea-side park. So it’s close to everything. Our room facing the alley was small but had a private bath and some furniture. The kitchen has electric stove tops which limited cooking options and room in the refrigerator tight. The kitchen/dining area could get crowded but we did not have a problem using it. The Napier Historical Society’s Walking Tour of Art Deco buildings was excellent and well worth the time and ticket price. Do the tour first if you can so you’ll know more of what your seeing. Parking on the street was not a problem. We stayed 1 night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have stayed at Andy's Backpacker in February 2012 and have received about 20 bites on my body from bed bugs. Important warning from one traveller to another.... Had I known before hand, I would have avoided that unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo