“Thai time”

Ranked #15 of 211 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thaihutt restaurant brings the taste of Thailand to New Zealand With a reputation of authenticity and excellence, give you great food Fresh ingredient, inspiring ambience and friendly service With exquisite view of Napier on Marine parade.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was our second choice restaurant to have dinner in Napier. Pleasantly surprised with the service and quality of food. I love thai food but when asked how hot I wanted my main meal I think the chef forgot to put the chillies in or my request for 'hot' was not received correctly by the waiter. My wife had the sizzling beef which she loved and we both enjoyed our entree's of tempura prawns and curry puffs.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you like Fawlty Towers, this is the place for you! The Waitress walked out soon after taking our orders and did not place them. We were not told of this until we had been there for nearly an hour. We were seated in a funny back room thru the main restaurant, which left a lot to be desired. The company of other guest with the same problem actually made an hilarious evening, but not one we would like to repeat! We were given a 15% discount but even so........

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We walked in off the street and loved the service and the food both highly recommended! My partner had the sizzling seafood, I had the beef peanut curry both were outstanding

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Had the Tom Yum soup and Tempura prawns to start with- very nicely done though the soup was not as spicy as what you'd have tasted in Thailand/ Asia. The tempura battered prawns were crisp and large, not over battered. We had the Chicken Green Curry and Chicken fried rice. Both were big portions. Tasted great, tho again curry wasn't tt spicy. Probably a good thing for many here. Restaurant was crowded, was a good meal on New Years Day today getting back to Napier from the golf course :-)

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped after a visit to Ocean Spa, so it was getting late but the friendly staff were obliging and let us have a late dinner. The atmosphere was nice. The food was average. I had the seafood red curry. I asked for mine to be medium hot as the waitress advised that anything beyond that would be too hot. I do like my chilli but when my dish came out it was pretty tame. So unfortunately fir my experience I can only give an average mark.