“Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide”

Bay Tours and Charters
Ranked #1 of 2 Transportation in Napier
More attraction details
Owner description: Top value wine tours, with many options to suit your time and budget. Free pick-up from your accommodation in Napier, Hastings and Havelock North. See and savour award-winning wineries with the experts. All tours include a specialty food tasting and a range of red and white wines at each winery. Full tour commentary included, so you will end the day more enriched about sunny Hawke's Bay than when you started. Come and join us - a great time is guaranteed!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Brisbane
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a great time. Would recommend this tour to our friends. The guide (Peter) really knew a lot about the area and made the trip very interesting. Good choice of wineries.

Napier, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cannot be trusted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently with a friend booked to go to Mary Poppins . The concert was fantastic the personal on the bus from the company were great and helpful BUT when I booked and paid I requested a seat front row as I have had hip replacements and am tall so need a more than average amount of room. My request was checked for availability confirmed and paid for. However on the day of travel 28th Nov to my surprise I discovered someone else had taken my seat there was a representative on the bus at that time I asked her why this was Oh well they get a bit travel sick you could sit behind the driver with the guide but your friend would have to sit somewhere else. Why could this offer not have been made to the people now sitting in my seat?. I am quite sure it would be easier to clean up some vomit than deal with a disclocated hip haveing to find a hospital they others may even miss the concert. My reason for requesting this seat is I have been told by Dr's never sit in seats with limited leg room so I had to sit from Napier to Auckland with my legs hanging into the ile, which I am sure is not legal and means you can't ware your seat belt.
I would not use this company again as they don't honnour their legal contract (offer and acceptance) they only person who can alter this contract is the person who paid the money, I was not given this option just moved on without a care.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Jillian G
Tucson, AZ
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A great Wine tour of 4 Wineries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We went on a private tour (8 of us) out of Napier with Rob Taylor to 4 different wineries in the area; tasting was included at all of the wineries. Rob also explained a lot about the growing of the grapes and the various things that influence the wine; he even took us to where the grapes were growing to show us what he was talking about. One of the couple with us has taken a lot of wine tours, and they said that Rob was the best guide that they had ever had. He also took us on a short trip through Napier, showing us the main sites. It was an excellent tour, and the price was very reasonable. I would strongly recommend this tour.

Visited March 2012
Winrise, Owner at Bay Tours and Charters, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thanks for your kind review, and we are pleased you enjoyed the tour. We will pass the comments on to Rob. Best wishes, Craig.
Alberta, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wine Tour Feb 28, 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

The guide was knowledgeable of the the history of the wine industry at Hawkes Bay.

Visited February 2012
Thanks for your review. The response is much appreciated.
Stockholm, Sweden
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Pleasant way to get a proper education on NZ wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Everything from the pick up at the hotel to the drop off at your hotel was great fun. The driver of the mini bus was very funny and informative. The three stops that we did served fine vines together with proper education on the grapes and the soil. The wineries are small and are run by passionate people who love to talk about their product. Professional and pleasantly arranged tour.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank MikaelH
Thanks for the great review Mikael. Glad you enjoyed the tour. Regards, Craig.