New Zealand Wine Centre - CLOSED

KylaLouise
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Great Wine education

This was a great place to get some information about NZ wine. They have an aroma room with samples... read more

Reviewed November 22, 2016
zzrbell
Brisbane, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

I spent a really enjoyable afternoon in the wine centre tasting local wines, chatting and enjoying the ambience of this really pleasant space. It's centrally located, so you can stroll here a d stagger home if need be. I did the grand tasting- 6 wines, all local, and a cheese plate. Then I did it again, minus the cheese! The grad course was $25, and there were two other courses- one with white wines only a wine video (?), and one with no cheese. The wines were really lovely, nicely presented with passion and knowledge, and there were just too many to choose from! It would be nice to see a wider range of tastings or Masterclasses. The lovely lady certainly has the knowledge to do the wines justice. I also bought a lovely Chardonnay to take home.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed February 5, 2017

such a lovely time. had 12 wines (2 grand wine tastings shared between 2 ppl). great way to discover a wide range of local wines and discuss the country in general with our host and other guests. loved the aroma room as well! highly recommend it. also it IS open on sundays despite what the website seems to indicate.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 28, 2017

the young lady Samantha did her very best and suceeded sellingf me a local wine, even though i asked for southafrican and french wines !!!!!! grteatr placxe, great experience

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 19, 2017

A great little stop to add to the Napier experience. We had a very well travelled assistant who helped us pick a few wines to try and also talked to us about the local wines and the area as a whole. There was an education area too which was enjoyable. We bought some at the end which topped the day.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed December 16, 2016

Myself my husband and daughter did a wine tasting here two of us red and one of us white. It was all very pleasant with a small plate of cheese however I didn't feel very informed and certainly didn't learn anything new about New Zealand wine which was a disappointment.

Date of experience: December 2016