“Great taste”

Master of India
Ranked #22 of 222 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Master of India takes you on a tasty exploration right to the very heart of Indian Cuisine. Which has the ability to provide a cosmopolitan melting pot of cuisine. We are based in Napier with a reputation for its diversity. We are renowned as the Master of India for the excellence in Indian Cuisine set in the popular seaside area of Ahuriri. We strive to bring you the most authentic Indian Cuisine. Come enjoy our authentic Indian atmosphere and friendly service.Come and try our most favourite dish “Butter Chicken” and also our new Balti dishes which are already becoming favourites among our regulars. Master of India is a great Indian restaurant.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants but in master of india is the best place where u can have real indian taste.The paneer tikka masala, naan, biryani and kababs were awesome..

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Not only is the experience of dining out at Sanjay's Ahuriri restaurant a mouthwatering pleasure, but even the behind-the-scenes setting--where the Chefs and waitstaff gather--is a professional and fun environment. As an American backpacker, I was accepted into the Master Of India family for a few months as I saved up for my travels. Sanjay is one of the best "bosses" I have ever worked for, and the entirety of his staff are superbly friendly and helpful--especially to take me under their wings to learn the craft of the dish-vocabulary, to serve with speed and grace, and to wash dishes like a champion! I will surely never forget the laughs and smirks shared behind those kitchen doors, and know for a FACT--by experience--that every dish that exits into the house of the restaurant is made with clean tools, healthy standards and pristine "cookmanship"! Even as a customer, sharing dinner with my partner as we prepared for the final months of our travels, the experience was unbeatable! The decorations, music--and even the lighting and temperature--are fantastic! They are perfect to set any mood, whether you want a romantic dinner with your partner (where fancy and cheap drinks are awaiting your table!), or a fun gathering with the energetic boys of the Black Caps, OR a polite family dinner, the mood of the restaurant and the friendliness of the staff are perfect! As for the magnificent menu: I have yet--after months on the road in both the North and South islands of NZ-to find either a lentil or chick pea dish which even comes close to the tastes delivered by Sanjay's Chefs! My partner, after admitting to frequent Indian take-aways while living at home in England, stated that Sanjay's Chicken Korma was the best he had ever tasted! Additionally, I don't think I could ever get enough of the garlic-cheese naan--flavorful and delicious! If you enjoy a spicy meal, they will surely grant that desire, and if you wish for a more mild dish, the Chefs can cook however to your liking! Plus, just let Sanjay know you have any allergies, and the entire Kitchen and Staff will be made fully aware and will easily suggest multiple substitutions and meal equivalents! I had an amazing time with each and every staff member at this restaurant and know that I will never have an Indian meal that compares! I definitely and undoubtedly recommend this restaurant for all others to enjoy, as you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was Indian at its best, and as expected the wine menu is better than the stuff we took from the grocery store up the road and not at inflated prices. I would go back and definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

we were staying local and just went for a walk and came across the master of india restaurant and boy were we glad we found it , this in my opinion to the best indian food i have tasted in nz to date , i currently live in new plymouth and the indian restaurants there should visit this place and learn a thing or two. the fella that took our order was a little strange but that didnt take way the fact the food was so good . the wine too was so reasonably priced . it is byo wine too which is always good with a corkage charge of $5 per bottle, the service was a little slow but the food atmosphere and wine made up for that .

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were told by a local that this was their favourite Indian restaurant, and having been there we can see why.
Everything from the wonderful decoration to the food and the service all work. We both had the medium spicy vegetarian thali which was a good combination of flavours and spices.
The staff were friendly, efficient with the right level of attentiveness and obviously worked hard in this deservedly busy restaurant.