“A wonderful day !”
Review of Mohaka Rafting

Mohaka Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mohaka Rafting is situated at Napier in Hawkes Bay, North Island, New Zealand provides day and multi-day trips on grade 2, 3, and Grade 5 water. Grade 2 is for young families. The full day grade 3 is our most popular trip - cliff jumps, gorges, and canyons, visit a gold mine and swim rapids in a full day adventure. The Grade 5 is for serious rafters. All have awesome scenery. Rafting expeditions; Helicopter in - raft out through the Kaweka Forest Park over 3 or 4 days. Camp at thermal pools, float, swim, cliff jump, or sit back and relax your way back to our base.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband, daughter & I did the grade 3 rafting trip this past weekend and loved every minute of it. I must confess I got talked into the outing. Our American guide, Bill, was tops. He was very knowledgeable & extremely safety conscious. Gordon, the kiwi guide in the other raft was tops also.Thanks guys! We considered doing the grade 4/5 but the grade 3 was perfect for us. There was plenty of excitement with the rapids, cliff jumps & floating down the river behind the raft. We were required to keep our wetsuit, life jacket & helmet on for all the activities. I didn't put my fleece on at first, thinking it would be too hot, but once you wet it, it keeps you at the perfect temperature & provides sun protection. We will quite likely do the same trip again, maybe when the river is a little higher making the rapids fuller, for a little more excitement. The cliff jumps & drifting down the river with the current was just as much fun, as the rafting we all decided.
All we took on the raft was our lunch in a tiny chilly bin & water bottles. The bus, our packs with towels & dry clothes etc were waiting for us, when we ended the trip. Also cold drink, tea or coffee & biscuits which was much appreciated.
We came away after the day with some super photos & another wonderful memory. I would love to be beginning the day all over again.

Jeannie T

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I LOVED every second of this rafting experience! We started an early morning with grey weather but the crew's mood and attitude shone through and animated everybody (especially on the bus tour!). Gwynn's humour was especially amusing during the initial bus trip to the launch site, lol. Our rafting guide was called Bill; he knew everything about the water, has travelled around the world rafting from USA to Canada. He knew about all currents, holes, water levels, risks, he even knew all the interesting facts about the surrounding wildlife, mines and landmarks!

It was honestly a PLEASURE to experience Mohaka Rafting!

This was my second rafting trip, (my first was in the South Island of NZ) but this second experience was far better, more adventurous, more informative and a LOT more fun than the first!

I CANNOT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN AND TRY GRADE 4 OR 5!!!

The girlfriend - I agree. Barry was a wonderful guide and the team at Mohaka were welcoming and friendly, making sure that we had an awesome trip. Thanks guys!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family loved every minute of our trip. The scenery was outstanding, from the water to the surrounding land. We had heaps of fun and were never bored throughout the entire trip. Our guide Kailee was very friendly and extremely skilled! Overall the trip is highly recommended and we will defiantly be back!
Nicky McCabe

1  Thank Nicky M
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our family of 2 adults and 2 teens had a fantastic trip. Norm had been very accommodating and helpful with organising it and Wild Bill the guide was a lot of fun and very good company. The helicopter in was awesome, the forest pristine, saw blue duck and robin, the food great (but no poached eggs Bill!), and the cliff jumps and rapids exhiliarating. And hot pools in the middle of the bush! We did the 3 day/2 night rafting and then the 1 day grade 3: we can't wait for the chance to come back for the bigger stuff. Thanks to you all! we felt well looked after and it was great value.

1  Thank Rob W
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My daughters and I had a fantastic 4 day/3 night trip with Mohaka Rafting. It was an experience we will all treasure. The guides were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. Everyone's wishes were accommodated and we all had such great fun. The guides all had their individual strengths which

The meals were amazing (thank you Kaylie for your great organization) and Graham's jokes were priceless. Maja added her own flair and fun.

The best part was the last day of grade 3 rapids, jumping off cliffs and floating down the river in our wetsuits.

A great family experience.