“Mohaka Rafting”
Review of Mohaka Rafting

Mohaka Rafting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mohaka Rafting is situated at Napier in Hawkes Bay, North Island, New Zealand provides day and multi-day trips on grade 2, 3, and Grade 5 water. Grade 2 is for young families. The full day grade 3 is our most popular trip - cliff jumps, gorges, and canyons, visit a gold mine and swim rapids in a full day adventure. The Grade 5 is for serious rafters. All have awesome scenery. Rafting expeditions; Helicopter in - raft out through the Kaweka Forest Park over 3 or 4 days. Camp at thermal pools, float, swim, cliff jump, or sit back and relax your way back to our base.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I did grade 3 White Water Rafting with Mohaka and I have to say I have never enjoyed white water rafting so much. The guides were brilliant and kept us all engaged and informed us of where we were going and what was ahead of us. I didn't feel the time passing as I was having so much fun and didn't want it to end. The staff were so welcoming, friendly, funny and the cup of tea and biscuits to warm you up at the end were a lovely touch. I would recommend Mohaka rafting to anyone who is looking for somewhere to raft in New Zealand. I will definitely be going back to Mohaka Rafting again. Niamh Ireland

2  Thank Niamh F

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just home from a weekend in Napier - great place for a short break!

We visited Mohaka River Rafting for a Grade 3 White Water experience - what a day!

Norm, our guide was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Very helpful and efficient by email prior to arrival and even friendlier face to face.

The views were stunning and the rapids were wild - we had so much fun!

Norm put us 3 Irish girls at ease and kept us highly entertained throughout our days rafting.

To top an enjoyable day off, we were also given a FREE special photo CD to remind us of our adventure on the Mohaka River.

A special thanks also to Marilyn who provided us with hot tea and cookies when we finally came to a halt - cold and wet but exhilerated from such a fun day!

Thanks again - we'll definitley be back! :)

1  Thank LisaDoyle
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I went with a friend and did the full day grade 3 rapids. It was a beautiful sunday late in the season and as it turned out there was only the 2 of us. The owner joined us along with our rafting guide. Really good value for money for a great day out. Good fun, conversation and excellent rafting.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

was fun and not for the faint hearted, a great day out and great staff

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Why do I write spirit? Because Norm our guide has spirit; energy, sense of humor, stories, patience, fun, answered lots of questions, passionate about preserving the integriy of the river and surrounding area, informative and has a strong safety ethic.

Mohaka Rafting went out of their way to make it a special trip, even though there were only 2 us dong the Grade II, my 8 year old son and I, they still took us out. We were fortunate with the weather, it had been raining a lot in the area before we got to Napier but the Mohaka river had lowered enough for us raft. Norm took photos of our trip with a water proof camera and a CD containing the photos was given to us at the base hut.

Grade II from age 7 up and for Grade III up need to be age 12+ and 40kg+. Mohaka Rafting has a large range of rafting clothing sizes from small through to extra, extra large. They are located at the back of Timeout B&B.

At the rivers edge we were taken through a thorough safety briefing. I felt confident we were in professional hands. It was a fun journey down our sections of the Mohaka river. Norm pulled our legs a few times along the way, he also dolled out informative facts and we had a good laugh. My son happily jumped in and out of the raft and floated along side us when it was safe to do so. We learnt a bit more how rivers work. My son is still happily telling people he got to captain the raft for periods of time. At the end of the trip they provided hot coffee, water and biscuits.

Yes this was an awesome experience and yes as cliched as it can sound this was value for money. The people and the activity combined together really do make it that extra bit special.
My son is waiting impatiently to be old enough to do the Grade III while I will be back for a girls weekend in the next season.

2  Thank FlightlessKiwi-NZ