“Peaceful and tranquil”

Ranked #41 of 47 Hotels in Napier
Napier, New Zealand
“Peaceful and tranquil”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed here while my house had some repairs. Service was excellent and management friendly. There were a selection of beverages from plunger coffee to assorted teas. I had fun trying them all. I sat in the sun in my private courtyard with my book and radio. I could have brought my pet but he was being cared for at home. I noticed there were towels specially for animals.The Marewa shops are within easy walking distance.
I have no hesitation in recommending this quiet motel to other guests.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 9Grannyjan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed April 28, 2010

With a little girl and a dog finding accomodation can sometimes be challenging. The Bay Beauty (ex-Sherwood Lodge) was able to provide us with basic but acceptable facilities.Although a bit dated everything worked and there was a little fenced garden area at the rear of the unit for the dog to sniff around in. Location was ok for us but a little far from the town centre if you wanted to walk. Felt the place needed a refresh and a really good vacuum but no real cleanliness complaints. Nice rose garden couple of minutes walk up the road.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family