“Dinner with Friends”

The Nautilus Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 228 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Out for dinner as had Friends staying down the road. Was one of the worst meals I have ever had. My Main was Pork Belly which was unediable

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Where do I start? Very dim lighting made reading the rather dull menu a challenge. We both found it difficult to make a choice, as nothing really jumped out at us. Tragic 70's music was playing very loud for a dining situation. A truly strange mix. One woman diner was constantly texting from her cellphone and should have put it on mute. The very loud 'ping' of an incoming text happened 7 times during our meal. We didnt bother with an entree as nothing appealed to us. The crispy pork belly was ok, but what is always the best part (crackling) was so tough that I could not break it up! Sadly, I had to leave it on my plate. However the salmon had a lovely crispy skin. We found it hard to like any dessert choices too. The banoffe pie was reasonable, but the chocolate rice pudding looked as bad as it tasted. Really sloppy and the presentation was very amature. Its a shame that we never had a great experience, as it was my partners birthday celebration. We wont be back.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

We dined here using a GrabOne voucher (2 x eggs benedict meals). We arrived half an hour before the end of breakfast service so had the venue to ourselves. Service was prompt and friendly and we waited only a few minutes for our meals which were fresh, tasty, well presented and good portions. I was slightly sceptical about our visit due to comments below however was very pleasantly surprised and would recommend this venue as a breakfast spot.

Reviewed May 20, 2017

We visited this restaurant which is part of a motel complex for dinner and breakfast. We had purchased 2 Grab One vouchers. The roast beef was virtually inedible with no greens served. Another complained and were given a free breakfast. The steak was tasty and enjoyable. The eggs benedict (breakfast) was good. A bit of a mixed bag for us. I guess the restaurant has to work on delivering more consistant good meals

Reviewed May 4, 2017

We at first chose to have dinner here was because we were staying at Edgewater Motor Lodge which only couple-minute-walk away but also we saw a dinner voucher available on GrabOne. That was a Saturday night and was kinda a quiet night. My wife had a Fish Curry and I had a fish with something I can't remember (which both are specified in the voucher). The dishes looked kinda small but surprisingly they did filled us up. Tastes were very good too. The waitress lady with glasses were very friendly and so did other customers. While our baby was kinda having temper during our dinner the waitress not only spent time to play and calm our baby but also took him away from us and hold him while doing her job serving other customers. My son was happy and we both were happy too. The vibe during the whole dinner was fantastic. highly recommended.