“Best F & C”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It's my favorite fish & chip shop. Their huge fish burger is also must as well as oysters and scallops.

1  Thank Kana K

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were blown away by the quality of food and the service at this small family run restaurant. My husband had the fish and chips, I had soup and the night's special. Neither of us have had better food anywhere. If only they had a branch here in Florida!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a truck driver and i've eaten fish and chip meal all over New Zealand and i have to say this place is number 1 not just for the meals but the friendly service from the family run restaurant. I've tried most of the meals and they can cook a mean steak too but if you want the best blue cod meal in NZ then this is the place to go ,i have been visiting the Westshore for a few years now.

Hieke W, Owner at Westshore Fish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hey thanks!
That's so nice of you to give your feedback it is always my pleasure serving you, "truckies"
You always work so many and such odd hours and we're happy to cook you a good meal.
Although I have no idea which driver you are, please pass my thanks to you all for being such pleasant and loyal costumers over the years!
I will miss you all and will pass the "special treatment" you deserve on to the new owners who will, without a doubt, do a great job!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I ate in the restaurant and had a wonderful meal. I had daily the special which was a fish I've never had before...a lovely white fish that was grilled, served on a spinach salad and drizzled with wasabi mayo...absolutely perfect. The service was excellent and friendly. I will definitely come back to the Westshore Fish Cafe!

Hieke W, Manager at Westshore Fish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you for your review.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal and the service at our restaurant.
The Tuscan Grilled Gurnard is a "healthy" substitute for Fish & Chips which shows to be very popular especially over summer.
Thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently went to this establishment and was a bit worried as I do not normally like fish and chips (normally too greasy and small portions for a large price) I was pleasantly surprised when I found a large portion for what I paid and it was the best fish and chips I've had. Defiantly be back when i'm back in the area. Well worth a visit. The chowder was delicious and staff friendly and helpful. A+ to this team

Thank you very much for your lovely review I will pass it on to our hard working staff.
This, once again shows how different people judge sizes and vary in flavor.
Looking forward to see you again.