“can't believe I had a private suite with my own cottage garden courtyard”

Spence Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napier
Spence Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 41 Napier B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stewart Spence collected me (free) from airport from my evening flight and gave me a little tour of Napier on the way to their B&B.
I had a loungeroom with tv, heater, couch, chair and small dining table.
There was a kitchenette tucked behind a cupboard which was nicely stocked with biscuits, toffees, tea, coffee, fresh milk, and small decanter of port. It had a sink, bar fridge, and microwave.
The bedroom was large and the ensuite also connected to the private lounge. The ensuite bathroom had heated towel rail, and wall heater .. much appreciated as it was cold in Napier during my stay. There was a sweet little cottage garden outside the bedroom.
Kay made me a welcoming pot of tea and hot muffin.
Next morning I walked upstairs to their part of the house and breakfast with stunning views over the bay. Lovely fruit, yoghurt, cereals, toast, eggs and bacon breakfast.
I believe it's a 10 minute walk to Napier, but I always seemed to get a lift from the Spence's (even back to the airport to collect my hire car).
Such nice, genuine New Zealanders who intuitively do the little extras that make you feel very at ease.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo