“Matthau AdBlue Trip”

Beach Front Motel Napier
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Napier
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Been a while since we stayed here last time.
Room very tidy.
Everything you need for the night.
Comfortable bed.
Spa bath.
Bathroom a bit small but shower very nice.
1st floor has good view of the beach from your balcony.
Good parking.
Good reception.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in March. Our room was nice enough although I did find a few stray hairs in the bed when I pulled back the covers for the first time (I always check beds for bugs/crumbs when I stay anywhere!). Also when I used the in room spa bath/pool after I had filled it, there was quite a few things in the water. I thought perhaps the debris might have come out of the jets. So I emptied it and refilled it. It was fine after that. The bed was comfy and the layout of the room was nice. Unfortunately whenever I had a shower I flooded the bathroom floor as the water pressure was quite strong and the shower curtain kept snaking around my legs so I didn't end up using the curtain as it was cold and yuck on my legs.

Also the steel staircase outside is noisy when it is used. Clang clang clang as people go up and down. And you hear noise if you stay on the bottom floor rooms. I probably wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room if you can help it. The noise from upper two levels is noticeable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wellybaby86
94Manager, Manager at Beach Front Motel Napier, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for your feed back. We regret that we were not given the opportunity to discuss these matters with you during your stay. We always welcome any comments that enable us to improve our guests stay.
Our linen is washed and pressed by a commercial laundry that services a great number of motels and hotels.
We are particular with our spa baths and each is treated with a spa solution on a regular basis as recommended by the manufacture.
Every guest is important to us and we work hard to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Beach front Motel is located within easy walking distance of the Napier central area, has good car parking and the upstairs room we had was superb. The spa bath was excellent and the room was clean and tidy. The Managers are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Upstairs room was excellent with good views over Marine Parade to the ocean. Some road noise but not...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed during the Art Deco Festival. Rooms are great the spa bath is great after a day of activities. The staff are friendly and can't do enough to help. Very close to town and dining venues. Will be back in 2015.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I travel to Napier regularly for business, and always stay at the Beachfront. It is simply a great place to stay.
They give you a friendly welcome, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the Motel is nice an handy, easy walking distance to the Napier CBD. There is good car parking.
I really enjoy the view in the morning and evening across Marine Parade to the Bay.
The in room spa's are huge.
The can be a little bit of traffic noise along Marine Parade, but it hasn't bothered me or stopped me sleeping. Just a great place to stay when in Napier. The price for what you get is good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ross W
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was recommended to us by a couple we met in Whitianga who had been here a few days earlier. Thank you to them.

We had an upstairs room. The spa bath in the bedroom was unexpected but welcome. Comfortable bed, good view from the front. Noisy road in the mornings and evenings, but otherwise fine.

Very friendly reception staff. Mind you, I nearly caused serious injury to one of them who crept out and knelt down behind my reversing car in order to rescue a chick from the drains, where it had got swept during the earlier heavy rain. Fortunately both man and chick survived!

Easy walk into town along the beachfront.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Located on Marine Parade in amongst several other motels, this motel is conveniently located about 15 minutes walk from the central shopping area. The motel rooms were clean and relatively spacious, with a spa bath located in the room next to the bed (?!). Marine Parade is a very busy road, and we were on the ground floor so had a lot of people walking past looking into our room meaning we had to choose between the view or shutting the curtains for privacy - hence would recommend paying a bit extra for an upstairs room which would also have a much better view. There was quite a bit of road noise, but didn't bother us at night - unlike the extremely noisy metal spiral staircases at the motel! Overall, a nice clean motel which I would happily stay at again, but wasn't a stand-out place, so would likely try one of the many other motels on Marine Parade to see if I could find something with the x-factor (maybe a swimming pool?).

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an upstairs room facing towards the sea
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple