“warm and wonderful!”
Review of Seaview Lodge

Seaview Lodge
Ranked #10 of 41 Napier B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a wonderful bed and breakfast! Catherine is an incredibly friendly and genuine host!
I had never stayed in a B &B but I will definitely be staying at Seaview Lodge again!
Catherine went out of her way to make my arrival easy and wonderful! She has thought of everything to make her guests feel pampered in her lodge. The woodfire keeps the main floor very toasty warm. The room is elegant and the heavy duvet and bedding (and electric blanket) make it absolutely heavenly!!! The bedrooms are very clean and tranquil. the large room with view out towards pines and ocean would be my first choice and I would request it specifically next time. I was in a smaller room facing the city but it was very nice too. You just feel so pampered and cocooned at the SeeView Lodge. Breakfast was delicious! Catherine is truly the best!!! My sincere thanks to her for starting off my visit to Napier in such a welcoming and wonderful way! Location is fabulous- so close to the ocean spa, marine parade, downtown shopping-and for me close to NGHS! A beautiful walk up the hill!! I loved it!! Thank you for being so kind Catherine!

Room Tip: I would specifically request the large room with window facing the pines/ocean. (as seen on website)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Catherine v, Owner at Seaview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thanks Laurie for your wonderful review! It was truly a pleasure to meet you and introduce you to the charms of Napier and our B and B by the sea but so close to town! I look forward to your return with the family.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wow what a fabulous place and host. Catherine was such a wonderful host. The views from the house are incredible, even with the new hotel below it. IT was just a short walk down to the Marine Parade. Catherine was an extremely gracious host, her suggestions on the Art Deco walk, shops and restaurants was perfect. Her suggestion for the sports shop was great, I found a really cool bike jersey there. We especially enjoyed her suggestion for the wine tour. Vince's "World of Wine", he was such a great host. (more about him and he tour on another review) Catherine's breakfast was just enough to fill you up, especially the croissants. As with the other B&B's we stayed at along our NZ journey we were the only ones there, we had the entire house to ourselves! Catherine started the fire prior to our arrival and allowed me to tend it to our liking, spectacular. We fell in love with this city, I could see us living there one day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Catherine v, Owner at Seaview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

It was great to meet you both and thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased you found a great cycling jersey! Some guests like for me to tend the fire others like to do it themselves-very happy either way!. Hope you do indeed get back to Hawkes Bay.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Catherine was extremely helpful even before we arrived, making restaurant bookings at her suggestion during the busy Art Deco festival.
This is a great location - just a few steps down to the Marine Parade and a short walk to the main streets. Delightful breakfasts served on sunny balcony with sea views. Large, comfortable guest lounge with TV and an information book and complimentary tea and coffee.
Next time we are in Napier we will be staying here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Catherine v, Owner at Seaview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and it is wonderful that you would stay at Seaview Lodge again. I am happy to book restaurants, etc all part of the service!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Catherine is not only a charming person, but also extremely gracious and helpful.
From the old but well renovated house you have a wonderful view. The room was very nice and spacious.
We enjoyed the lovely continental breakfast with warm croissants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Catherine v, Owner at Seaview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you Eva for your kind words and your lovely flowers! it was great to meet you both and I am so pleased you enjoyed staying here.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Sea view lodge is at the end of a narrow road on Bluff Hill and when you get there you are looking out over Hawkes Bay albeit with a new hotel just beneath you. However this does not spoil the ambience of sitting out on the balcony looking at the sea whilst being in the middle of the famous Napier Art Deco town. Catherine was very attentive and informative and we thoroughly enjoyed her continental breakfasts. Our en suite room was clean and spacious and we enjoyed the character of the very old building perched on the hillside. We were ableto walk to many good and one outstanding restaurant and had the best fish and chips in New Zealand at Emporium.
Chris and Liz A - West Sussex UK

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris A
Catherine v, Owner at Seaview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Hi Chris and Liz, so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found my recommendations re restaurants helpful. It is always g pod to know where the great fish and chips are! Thank you.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I can highly recommend this wonderful place. Catherine and Evert were so welcoming and not only provided transport to and from the airport but to the Planetarium too which was 4 km from the town centre. Breakfasts on the balcony were delicious and even included heavenly croissants! Very close to Marine Parade; a quick walk down about 80 steps and you're there. Bedroom spacious, clean and had view of the sea. The bathroom was not ensuite. Lovely to hear the soothing lapping of the sea at night. I was there during the Art Deco Festival so there was some noise coming in in the evenings but no too loud. The festival itself is magnificient!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This charming, victorian home is a wonderful retreat by the sea. Nice view; the beach and main area of Napier are within easy walking distance. Catherine is a gracious host who understands the perfect balance between being available, when needed, and also respecting your privacy. We had the ensuite bedroom, plus the entire 2nd floor to ourselves (since we were the only guests for the evening). Unfortunately, the weather was not as coorperative (chilly/rainy); but, after enjoying dinner out, we were cozy and warm in our seaside digs. Catherine also turned our car around in the tight drive area and it was ready to roll the next morning. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for the ensuite room, if available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple