“Great food”

Emporium Eatery & Bar
Ranked #10 of 195 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Bar, International, European, New Zealand, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Emporium Eatery and Bar is the latest addition to Art Deco Masonic Hotel, and to buzzing inner city Napier. Designed by reputed restaurant designer Tom Skyring, Emporium has a truly unique look and feel – rich leathers, a stunning marble bar, warm wood and just the right amount of Art Deco. Emporium mixes the modern with the classic, to create a very special atmosphere in this iconic heritage building.Emporium isn’t just a bar, and it’s more than an exciting new restaurant, it’s a meeting place. With a menu meant for sharing, and the most extensive beverage list around, Emporium is just the spot to gather friends, family or colleagues to enjoy the finest in Hawke’s Bay hospitality. Ideal for functions, Emporium has optional group spaces available – including Poet’s Corner, a private space overlooking bustling Tennyson Street and picturesque Marine Parade.Long, leisurely breakfasts, lunches and dinners, or delicious all-day grazing with a glass of fine wine or a cocktail or beer from our impressive collection – this is how many a fine Hawke’s Bay day or evening are sure to be spent as the weather warms up. Check out our menus to whet your appetite, still prepared under the creative and skillful hands of Cliff Fernandes of Art Deco Masonic's MED fame, and we’ll see you soon at Emporium.
Launceston
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Good food, good childrens menu, excellent service. We had some of the small dishes, the crab cakes and tacos were excellent. Went back for breakfast one day and had the Eggs Benedict. Equally as good.

Visited July 2014
CraigAH, Manager at Emporium Eatery & Bar, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. That you visited us twice is even better. Our small plates are fantastic and a great way to try different things.
We have just launched a new menu with some exciting seasonal changes, so hope you again.

“Plustwokids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Called in on a moteliers recommendation. Great service, friendly staff. Plate to share was totally sublime and atmosphere was truly cool! Def coming back!

2 Thank 581vickit
Thank you for your review. We thoroughly appreciate the support we receive from local motels, they are very good to us.
We hope to see you again next time your in town.
Marlborough Region, New Zealand
“Flavour plus, delivered well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is my second time in the last two weeks at this great spot. It is warm and full of old world charm while still being upbeat and engaging. The staff are just great, and it didnt fell like a Monday night in a small town.

Both meals I have had here are so flavoursome. if you aren't too hungry stick to the small plates they are yummy. The duck and shitake dumplings are really good, and the pulled pork tacos are a close second.

The wine list is pretty good, and if you are looking for a different wine for dinner talk to the wine guy he come up with some good ideas.

• Visited June 2014
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening, We are proof that smaller cities can still be busy on a Monday night.
Our crew always have a few bottles in the cellar not on any lists that they have snapped up in various places so always something interesting to try if your feeling adventurous.
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Delicious burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The day I arrived in Napier, I was sold when reading their special burger on the blackboard outside. It didn't disappoint. It was a substantial meal, and super delicious.

• Visited May 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. Our homemade burger has been a huge hit as a lunch time special, its available every day during lunch. Be sure to check out our evening specials which change daily.
We hope to see you again soon.
Napier, New Zealand
“SLACK SERVICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Called in for a meal today. Asked a question regarding the fish dish. Male attendant said he didn't know, that he was the barman and didn't do waiting but they didn't have any waiters on today. Asked again and he GUESSED what the dish was. Fish, chips and salad. I gave him a funny look and suggested he check with the kitchen before I ordered. He came back and said, fish on mash with a salsa.....OMG. My daughter asked about a dish. He guessed again but went to check with the kitchen. OMG. Food was great. But we never saw anyone again! Meal complete, we sat there with our plates in front of us waiting to have our table cleared and for me to take my remaining unfinished meal home....Two male attendants. Their mates came in and they both stood at the bar chatting to them. Female attendant started. She looked at us and then picked up a towel to do glasses. OMG. My daughter had to approach one of the males to ask to have our table cleared. Very poor service. I suggest if the bar staff don't know the menu, instead of chatting with mates that have come in, they study the menu and have a conversation with the chef if unsure of anything???? Unbelievable. Another suggestion. Go back to the table and ask if everything is ok. More water or juice etc. We were not asked or checked on. Staff too busy chatting and laughing OMG!!! Compliments to the chef though. Lovely meals.

• Visited June 2014
CraigAH, Manager at Emporium Eatery & Bar, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your visit.
I am terribly sorry that your experience was not what countless other guests have experienced, we have let you down and at this stage I can only apologise.
I was on yesterday and I was the server, also training a new staff member, of which there desperately needs to be more of. As it was in between lunch and dinner time wise, (it must have been between 3.15 and 4pm)I took a chance and left the floor for that time, and during that time myself and my team have let us down.
I would very much like the to speak with you personally regarding your visit and be given the opportunity to put it right, as you are one of our much appreciated locals, please contact me on emporium@masonic.co.nz or 021 029 55830

On another note welcome to Tripadvisor, I hope you will continue using it and the businesses in Hawke's Bay will provide you with positive experiences for which to comment on.

Kind Regards Shaye Bird Manager Emporium Eatery & Bar