The Nautilus
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)
$116
  • Beachfront
$116
$122
$114
Agoda.com
Edgewater Motor Lodge(Napier)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
$127
$117
Priceline
Harbour View Lodge(Napier)(Great Value!)
$104
$97
Agoda.com
Shoreline Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
Agoda.com
Beach Front Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$98
$88
Priceline
All reviewsspa bathmarine paradeluggage lifttop floorbi fold doorslounge suiteacross the roadbig spashort walk into townlarge showeronsite restaurantocean viewseparate bedroomstay there againbig roomflat screen tvcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Not having visited Napier for some years I was not that familiar with the Accomidation options.

I must say that I was very happy with my choice. I booked an Executive Suite and with hindsight this was the right move. Check in was a breeze. Friendly reception. One great thing was that this property actually supplies real milk to each room. I am so sick of UHT potels or worse still Creamer powder (America,take note!).

My room was spacious and ver well presented. Having a separate bedroom gave a lot of living room. A full size spa pool adjoining the bedroom was fantastic.

I dd not eat in the restaurant that evening but I did have breakfast te following morning. Average food, but quite acceptable.

I will be back!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Excellent location on Marine Parade, walking distance to Napier town centre. Although Marine Parade is a main road it is extremely quiet at night. Great view of the ocean and glorious sunrises. Clean, tidy, all expected amenities. Has an attached restaurant but I didn't use it. Slightly bizarre to have a spa bath in the main living area but I rather enjoyed sitting in it and watching TV. Cheap easy internet connection, complimentary newspaper on request. The elevator to the 3rd floor, where I was, is for luggage only. This was no problem for me but may be to some. This is a good example of a fairly standard type motel.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem book a ground floor unit.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and the bed was super comfy, spa bath was amazing and standards in the room were great. Only comments would be no newspaper offered on check-in and when opening the door the next morning there was not one there. Ordered breakfast by room service and asked for a paper to be brought up but was told they were only at Reception and I would have to go there - as I was still in my pj's this was not an option! Also being pregnant I asked for help with my bag as my husband was working and I was pointed to the lift although there was a man only metres away cleaning out the head of a vacuum cleaner - still had to get the suitcase out of the vehicle and into the lift. These little touches and going the extra mile would have made an average experience a very good one.

Room Tip: Rooms can be noisy with trucks along the main road - parking also a challenge, we had to park on the street outside.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
nautilusnapier, Manager at The Nautilus, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

A newspaper is available on request at any time during your stay. Due to our commitment to an environmental policy newspapers are not automatically delivered to every room. Although we recycle this serves to avoid any unnecessary waste. A newspaper most certainly should have been delivered once requested.

A lift is available for transporting luggage to the upper levels as indicated to guests upon check in. We were most remiss in realising that you required help with your suitcase from the car, not to the room.

We sincerely apologise for your experience being marred by inattentive service.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the room and hope to see you on another occasion.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

A typical motel. Got a corner apartment with a great view over the ocean. Easy for walking into town to look round and also for walking along the seafront. Well equipped kitchenette and good bathroom - laundry facilities were in a laundry room elsewhere on site.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Modern motel type hotel, we had a ground floor apartment, modern decor and fittings, good beds.
Lovely view over Marine Parade to the sea, spectacular sunrise. Poor Wireless, poor shower rose water pressure and gas hot water serves 3 units and takes an age to warm up and runs hot and cold (massive spa bath implies no limit on hot water)

Room Tip: Ring and ask for a better rate.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family