The Nautilus
Fern Motel(Napier)(Great Value!)
$84
$80
Agoda.com
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)
$117
$114
  • Beachfront
Shoreline Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$74
$68
Agoda.com
Beach Front Motel Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
$99
$88
Agoda.com
All reviewsspa bathmarine paradeluggage lifttop floorbi fold doorslounge suiteacross the roadbig spashort walk into townlarge showeronsite restaurantocean viewseparate bedroomstay there againbig roomflat screen tvcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This motel is clean and well cared for. Our bed was comfortable and we enjoyed having access to a spa bath. Prices of extras like snacks and Internet were reasonably priced. We enjoyed the fact we could have a lazy breakfast on the balcony and enjoy the veiw. The owner and staff were friendly and helpful. The down sides were that the road that is situated along one side of the motel is very busy and thus noisy. The living space is also quite small so it works for 2 but I wouldn't try more. Parking can also be tight. However all in all we had a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank MiniMooToo
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Very well priced, modern, clean and convenient. Just across the road from the beach. Wake up to a spectacular sunrise. Stunning.

NB: not a white sandy beach - its stoney but lovely.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I sent three weeks chugging around NZ and saw a lot of motel rooms. I originally intended to stay in Napier one night. I had seen good reviews of this place and went to look at it. I was shown a wonderful room on the top floor facing the sea front. It was of good size with nice kitchen facilities (real coffee instead of instant). I was travelling at a fairly quiet time and was offered a very good rate of NZD135 per night. It was delightful to sit in the sun on the balcony and look out to sea. There is a fair amount of traffic on the road outside but I found this to be of little bother.

Having looked round Napier and loving what I saw I decided to extend my stay and I finished up staying three nights.

I found the staff pleasant and very helpful. There is a restauarant but I didn't use it as I prefer to explore the neighbourhood.

I really can't think of anything negative about my experience of this establishment.

Room Tip: Top floor sea front are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2011

If you like peace and quiet Dont stay here
Huge truck and trailer units rumble past starting at six in the morning until late at night. Right outside your room, and every few minutes on the way to the port to unload.
Also, if you use Wotif to book expect to be treated like a second class citizen and given the worst room in the motel. I asked on the second fay to be moved but was told they don't let people change rooms.
I would never stay here again and I would caution anyone thinking about it to the terrible traffic noise and the very rude manager.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank tikiland
nautilusnapier, Manager at The Nautilus, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Prior to booking online the guest called to check the style of room available and was offered a choice between an ocean facing apartment or a side street facing apartment, both on the ground floor. The guest opted for a room on the side street.

Upon arrival the guest inspected the room and appeared quite happy.

All rooms contain the same facilities with the exception of the access apartments that contain a different shape spa bath and level access shower.

We were full the first day of his stay and then he requested an ocean front room which was not possible. A room on the upper level along Sale Street was offered and declined.

The person you dealt with is not the usual Manager for the hotel.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My business partners booked the hotel and it was my first visit to Napier. From the exterior you dont see much and the lobby is like a motor inn(its a small room with an old sweet lady servicing).
But when you enter your room, you will understand that its a special place. Huge room, very nicely decorated. There is a jacuzii at the corner facing the Pacific view. The bed was huge and comfortable. The room is equipped with 42'' lcd.
I enjoyed the big balcony facing the ocean.
I really dont understand why they dont combine these rooms with a full hotel service. There is noone around after 9:00pm. No services you can get.

I may recommend the restaurant downstairs. Small menu but delicious.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business