“Great food and service”

The River Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 399 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A busy award winning cafe in central Hamilton offering fresh seasonal food, exceptional coffee and catering
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A small but perfectly formed cafe that goes out of its way to please. As a vegan, I was offered a range of options to suit my diet. All done with a smile. A great way to celebrate International Vegan Day.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Handy to my hotel, with charge back, a very good breakfast menu with a few surprising extras, and good coffee. Recommended

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just seemed very expensive for what you got. The food was okay, but for a breakfast, I've had similar and sometimes better for $4 of $5 cheaper.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

There are numerous awards diaplayed outside this cafe. On eating there I can see why. I enjoying the hotecakes with apples syrup and a hot chocolates while others at the table went the big breakfast option. This was at 10:00AM and kept us fed until 7:00Pm that night. The service is polite and friendly. I would thoroughly recommend the River Kitchen. The only negative is it is not open until 8:00AM on saturday mornings, which does not always suit if you want an early start to your day; however it is worth waiting for the food. There are plenty of magazines to read while waiting for your meal.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had breakfast sitting at the shop front counter and thoroughly enjoyed both the sunshine and the excellent coffee (the best we've had in NZ so far). Breakfast of baked eggs with chorizo and smoked salmon hash with rocket and capers were both filling and delicious. Service was prompt and we would definitely recommend it as a good breakfast option. The lunch items in the cabinet looked pretty tempting too... Pity we were too full to try them.