Cock & Bull Traditional English Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 397 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went early evening ( so it wasn't busy) with 4 adults, and 6 kids. First impressions were that nothing was too much trouble - waiter was great and orders taken nice and quick. We had been there a few weeks earlier and had a great meal so expected the same. Surprisingly, it didn't work out that way. We asked for water for the table 3 times and then gave up. My lemon lime and bitters had no lime and when I went in to get it fixed I had to wait for the 2 guys behind the bar to finish their conversation before they even registered I was there. The home made chicken burger was a mystery meat burger ( and after having asked if they used real chicken in the kids nuggets I would have thought they would have mentioned the burger aswell). The meals came out very staggered with the adults coming out long before the kids ( who by this time were tired and hungry) and 3 of the kids meals didn't come out at all. Later that night the 2 of us that had chicken were sick. The other meals were all pretty good though. The price was reasonable for what we ordered but when we told them we were a bit unhappy with the meals they just shrugged it off. This has been a bit of a favorite for a while and we heard it may have changed hands so just be careful as its turned into a bit of a lottery as to the quality you might get.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there for dinner and quite enjoyed the food and entertainment.
Nice atmosphere and safe too.
Ample parking space.
Enjoyed watching the band that was playing that night and dong requests was available to the customers.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have visited this pub on 3 occasions. The actual setup of the pub is good but it is never really busy. The great atraction to me is the good range of beer and the setup. The food was reasonably priced but reminded me of school dormitory food. It is quite obvious that the number of customers going through does not justify making fresh food all the time which is why the establishment reverts to frozen and thawed starters etc. It was a dissapointment to see such a well designed place not being utilized. Thinking about it, I really believe this is not a destination type restaurant and is hidden away which makes it underutilized as a convenience destination. A possible solution would be to advertise and maybe get a decent band.(Not the kareoke singers I have seen). Lots of unused potential here.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A popular place to eat either for lunch or dinner, great selection on the menu plus specials boards, service is good however busy they are. Good selection of local beers to try. Atmosphere is great, especially on nights when there is entertainment or quizzes. Sports TV.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We visited this pub for lunch because of positive reviews of trip advisor. We were looking for something simple and quick. We were impressed with the range of beer and the pleasant atmosphere. Unfortunately, we were not impressed with the wine or the food. The food was mediocre pub food, stodgy and unordinary. We are unlikely to revisit this restaurant.