“Great food”

Barzurk Gourmet Pizza Bar
Levin, New Zealand
“Great food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great food and staff, had the chicken breast it was devine! We had a table of 6 and were advised there would be a wait of 20minutes which was fine as there was a great atmosphere and we got great food for good prices would defiantly go back

• Visited July 2014

Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and good service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went here with my partner using a grabone voucher. He loved the smoked chicken carbonara and I had the prawn and scallop salad which was nice. The service was good, made sure everything was going well. The only downfall was I had booked in advance, so I thought we would at least get a decent table but other than that it was a good dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
Oakland, California
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I'd been wanting to check out this restaurant for a while, because of the gourmet pizza advertisement... I love me some pizza. I should start by saying that I tend to get a margherita pizza as the first try of a place, because I figure if you do your margherita well, we have something to go on.

The pizza here was good, and there was plenty of options to choose from, but some of the toppings were so unusual that perhaps it was a little "too gourmet" for my tastes. I'm not unwilling to try new things, but the selections when I went there almost all had an ingredient or two that I was not interested in (e.g. cream cheese, cashews, pumpkin, onion jam, guacamole - stuff that might be fine in other avenues, just not for me on a pizza).

The rest of the menu options seem fine (though, I haven't tried them). The atmosphere and decor are really good. The bar left something to be desired - my husband ordered a margarita (and they did not know how to make one).

I would probably go back to give it a second try, but will probably check out other places first.

Visited April 2014
“Passing meal....”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Popped in when visiting our son in the Tron. Good basic good with excellent and extremely accommodating staff. The Assistant Manager, Courtney, was particularly helpful ensuring that the service offered was nearly perfect.

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Average food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Celebrated with family a couple of times and if not for the deal, would not venture in because with meals would surely be overpriced because we are paying for the ambience only.

• Visited September 2013