“Why no decaf coffee?”

Ranked #11 of 379 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had heard great things for many years about this cafe so was glad to visit last week. My friend ordered first so when I came behind and found there was no decaf coffee I was stuck or I would have walked out. I had to order something so I chose hot chocolate which was OK but I far prefer coffee. Why on earth does a cafe of this standing not serve decaf? The staff were pleasant and service good. My cheesecake was rich and delicious. Parking is a nightmare for that part of the city. I won't be returning.

There are newer reviews for Scotts Epicurean

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ordered Scotts Lot the 'big breakfast' and was beyond disappointed with size of my meal. I noticed two items of the menu was missing from my plate. The waitress was very hesitant to take back my plate. Overall not impressed by the food or quality of service, I am writing this review with half the food still on my plate after all.

2  Thank Blairpaterson00
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I dined alone. Ordered scrambled eggs on toast. The eggs arrived with a single piece of dry toast 'plonked' on top of them. On lifting the toast I discovered the overcooked rather dry and sun tanned eggs cowering beneath. Just awful for any amount of money let alone their prices. The coffee was ok but certainly not the best in town.

2  Thank Maddyutopia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I called in here for lunch. I was so amazed with the service from walking in and leaving. I had the soup with a glass of wine finished off with a coffee. VERY NICE.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Arrived just before 10:30 and finally had our order taken at 10:45.
Waited over 50 minutes for our food to arrive and when it did, half of one of the meals was cold and the "chicken" in the other meal (chicken curry) only consisted of two small and boney peices of chicken.
Some friends arrived as we ordered and decided instead to go to a cafe just down the road, they had eaten a full cooked breakfast and made their way back before our food had even come out.
Also, during our almost hour long wait, none of the wait staff came out to see if we would like another drink. So after our first coffee, we were sitting without food or drink for what felt like an eternity.
Overall, it was a terrible experience for average food that was not worth the wait.

1  Thank adam_vangelder