“a top restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
hamilton
“a top restaurant”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had not been to this restaurant in several years and was really happy with the service and menu provided. The food was excellent and we were given vouchers to use next time which was a great bonus as we will be going back. The menu is really interesting- I fully recommend the asparagus starter. It was a really good night out with top food.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Hamilton New Zealand
“Disappointing dining”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

For a restaurant that was recently awarded a hospitality award, we were somewhat disappointed with the overall hospitality we received when dining at Domaine recently.

An extremely long wait for our first round of drinks; side dishes & condiments were not delivered/offered until well after the mains were delivered to our table.

Our table waiter was well informed and very professional (although I suspect quite new), but she was let down by the little details that the restaurant could/should have offered.

However, my duck was superb! The eye fillet was very ordinary and served with an enormous blob of mashed potato that was flavoured with horseradish. Tasted great, but way too large a serving.

• Visited December 2012
Hamilton
“A great meal”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I celebrated my birthday at Domaine with a wonderful meal with friends. The food was well presented and delicious. The beef stack of eye fillet was beautifully cooked and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My chocolate dessert was also delicious. They provided me with a little something extra for my birthday which was a lovely touch. The service was excellent and we all enjoyed our variety of meals. I have dined here many times and it has improved a great deal since the last time I dined here. The meal prices are similar to most restaurants in town.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jewlzcee
Sydney, Australia
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Service was very friendly and helpful with our waiter explaining the choices in more detail. My colleague and I had the steak which came with handcut fries and salad , a basic dish but just what we felt like. Others in our group had other dishes which they all thoroughly enjoyed. Prices are about average for New Zealand which is not cheap for restaurant meals in my opnion.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank valerie s
Hamilton, New Zealand
“okay.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Pleasant enough, nice service, I was a bit disapointed with my main. The eye fillet was cooked perfectly but I thought the mash and bits of asparagus etc let it down. It was expensive for what it was I thought. My husband had chicken and bacon salad, it was boring. The rubarb dessert was nice.

Visited October 2012