“Good honest food, helpful friendly staff”

Adriana's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 388 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We eat here a couple of times when in Hamilton over Easter. I have many things I can't eat and the host was most helpful in sorting out our meals. The food was lovely, cooked with care and served with pride.

2  Thank Smk20

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had occasion to eat here while on a US RoadScholar tour visiting New Zealand. We had a wonderful meal, the service was friendly and efficient, the food was delicious, and the fresh baked breads were a special treat. It was a wonderful and warm welcome to New Zealand for our group!

2  Thank Ron Y
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This Italian-style cafe/restaurant is charming. The food is delicious, and the service is excellent. I particularly liked the breads here. We had lunch on a quiet day, and enjoyed every bite.

2  Thank Sara L
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We came with a group of friends around 8pm on a reasonably busy Saturday night. Started off well, friendly and competent waitresses, but after ordering we waited over 45 min for our garlic bread.

The waitress was very apologetic about this and said they wouldn't charge us for the bread (though we had to remind them to take it off when paying). Thankfully the mains only took about 5 - 10 minutes more after that.

Food was fine, nothing particularly special. I had penne pasta with capsicum, garlic, chilli, etc. It was much spicier than I'd expected for Italian, but I like spice luckily. Didn't take the option to add scotch fillet when ordering for an extra $5, but they added it anyway. I'm not a vegetarian so I didn't pull them up on it, I didn't want to wait for a replacement. The creamy salmon pasta looked really good and I wished I'd gone for that.

Overall, a decent dining experience spoilt by the delay - 45 minutes till the first sign of food is too long even on a busy night (and the restaurant got quieter while we were there). Felt bad for the waitresses as they were clearly doing their best but being let down by a slow kitchen.

1  Thank chocmilk03
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stumbled on this place across from Accor Hamilton. Anne the owner was front of house and made space for us as we had no booking. I had the Smoked Salmon Spagetti which was one of the best I have eaten. The Place was buzzing had an excellent atmosphere. Staff very friendly and the night was very relaxed and enjoyable. And reasonably priced

2  Thank Helen R