Ibis Hamilton Tainui
    $94
    $105
    $102
    1,002 results
    All reviewsvalet parkingthe rivera river view roomrooms are smallcentral locationbuffet breakfastwould stay againbed was comfortablethe main streetshort staynew zealandone night stayriversideaccornzcbdwaikato
    Reviewed March 12, 2013

Service was excellent. Staff were friendly. Awesome stay for an awesome price!!!! Loved the location. Close to supermarket, warehouse, centre plaza, night life etc.. Will definitely come back and stay at the ibis Tainui..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
    CPorter1, Manager at Ibis Hamilton Tainui, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear jeannette_turia
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I chose Ibis above Novotel as although the two hotels are adjacent, Ibis was a bit cheaper. I regret this as with the $20 valet parking added to our bill, we should have stayed at the probably better appointed Novotel. However the room was perfectly adequate for a one night stay and as we were attending a function we hardly used the facilities. The city view was uninspiring so if you stay I'd definitely suggest a river view room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear stressbunny
    Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback for others to read. I am pleased you find the hotel handy to most Hamilton attractions, with regards to the parking charge we do charge for this service as does Novotel. This information is on all websites and correspondence from the hotel so I apologise if you were not made aware of it prior to your arrival.
    Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Check in staff was not overly helpful and the set up to get to reception is really weird. You walk in and then either go up stairs or in the lift up one level to get to reception.

The room was nice and tidy but the TV was tiny so we didn't bother using it at all as you could barely see anything from the beds. We used the stairwell as we were only 2 floors up however again a weird setup as you can only exit the stairwells on level 1 or ground; you can't walk up them to your floor. They were also really dirty and had a bad smell in them.

The Valet parking was full so we were told to park at Skycity down the way a bit and we would get a validated price of NZD15.00 for a nights parking. I was told this was on the basis that we had to leave our car there for the night so once it was parked we were stuck in that area not allowing us to go out and view the city really. Also if you go to the casino they validate the parking ticket for only NZD5.00 so this would be a better option instead.

Overall, I've stayed in worse places but this was definitely not up to the standard of Ibis that I know.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
    CPorter1, Manager at Ibis Hamilton Tainui, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear CatM22
    Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback. It is through all feedback that we have the opportunity to improve the service and facilities we offer our guests. It was disappointing to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to comment on a few of the points you have raised. You are correct that the stairwell access does not allow you exit on every floor this is due to our fire safety plan, so in the event of an emergency guest can only exit to safety on the public areas where team members are positioned to assist guests exit the building. Our car-parking at the hotel is limited and we do offer a discounted exit ticket at skycity, however if you choose to spend time & money at the casino you can validate the tickets for less than what we can offer. Again I apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations and thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to welcoming you again in the future,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I belong to Le Club and found that this did not help when booking the rooms. I called the ibis to book the rooms and was told that the price was around $149.00 per night as they were almost full. I advised them that I could book on the Ibis Website and Wotif for a far cheaper price and I was told “to book on the Website Then”. I was lead to believe that being a member of Le Club guaranteed the cheapest price will be offered???
    I found the ibis website difficult to use when booking multiple rooms. There didn’t seem to be a place to put a name against who was staying in the room.
    I booked for 5 nights and was put in a room with a queen and a single bed which made the room very cramped.
    There is no room service
    I had to change rooms due to a broken toilet and when I moved into the new room I realised that the Aircon in my other room was not working correctly.
    There always seemed to be confusion by customers when booking in and out.

Staff were always helpful and the location is great I feel that staying at the Ibis for over 5 years it has started to get tired.

Regards

Dean

dean@coastrv.co.nz

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very comfortable, affordable and centrally located accomodation in Hamilton City. We have stayed here several times and the rooms are always very nicely presented. The onsite bar/resturant with its views over the river is a lovely place to sit and relax.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lynda G
    Thank you for continuing to stay at Ibis Tainui when you visit Hamilton. I am pleased that you enjoy your visits with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.