“NOTHING AROUND DURING THE XMAS WEEK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Hamilton Tainui

Ibis Hamilton Tainui
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Hamilton
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Whangarei
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have stayed at Ibis Hamilton 3 times over the last 2 years. It has always been clean with friendly, helpful staff. It is convenient to Hamilton city restaurants and shopping which is good after a long drive knowing that there are several options for food close by. The valet parking is $20 but even adding this to the rate, the Ibis still seemed a good value option. We did not have breakfast at the hotel this stay but have in the past and it has also been good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPorter1, Manager at Ibis Hamilton Tainui, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and the friendly & helpful - this is of course what we aim for.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Tainui next time you visit Hamilton.
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Another excellent stay at Hamilton Ibis. Employees were there usual, friendly selves and are a pleasure to deal with. Room was clean and comfortable and up to usual high standard. Would happily stay there again.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, I am pleased that your enjoy staying with us at Ibis Tainui when you visit Hamilton.
We look forward to welcoming you back during 2012.
Tauranga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We arrived on Cristmas day for two nights stay. Because of this I think they were operating with minimum staff so service could have been better. We had to take our own suitcases from our car to our room. However room was good as we got an upgrade with points accrued on our Accor Club Card. Fridge in room bit no Mini Bar. Thought car parking was expensive at $18 a day. Pleasant dining room and bar area which also had free broadband internet..

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry that your felt that we did not have staff to assist you with you bags, however as an Ibis we do not have some services which allows us to charge a more economic price. This includes services such as porters and minibar.
Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are travelling through Hamilton.
Stratford, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great city for a few days break. Great location for your accomodation, with walking access to all eateries, shops,etc, or better still one on site!.
Very friendly staff and lovely fresh clean rooms.

Dear JanineNz
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly - this is of course what we aim for.
Mooloolaba, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

It was pouring with rain when I arrived and I was required to park in a disabled park to check in. I was discusted to be told that I was required to park at the hotel in the next street. Quite a distance to walk in the rain and carry suitcases etc. If I had of known there was going to be NO onsite parking I would never of booked there. Eventually I was told that they could find a park for my rental car. However I could not bring all my suitcases up to my room to pack for my flight out the next day as it was raining so bad.
Next one of the two lifts was not working and the motel was extremely full. The meal was poor and very basic after having to wait too long to be served.
I was discusted to find I had to pay for the parking the next day on checking out. I travel a lot and try to use my accor card were possible. I will never stay at the Ibis in Hamilton again I have stayed in many other motels in Hamilton that offer far better service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback. It is through all feedback that we have the opportunity to improve the service and facilities we offer our guests. I apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations; I have followed up with the team regarding your experience and will ensure improvements are made in these areas. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Tainui in the future so you can experience our usual level of service.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

I found the staff to be extremely helpful and the service to be very good.

The accommodation very comfortable and the room rate was very affordable.

I practically liked the valet parking arrangements and the long dining times available.

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Tainui during your recent visit to Hamilton and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis next time your visit Hamilton.