“Best stay in Hamilton”

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Wellington, New Zealand
“Best stay in Hamilton”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I would highly recommend Camelot on Ulster to everyone who travels to Hamilton.

Service, facilities and your staff were really friendly and the rooms were to a high standard.

This place is defiantely family friendly and is so peaceful and quiet, it's a true gem!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
West Midlands
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at the Camelot Motel in Hamilton for 6 weeks in Feb and March 2014. Having stayed near Hamilton Lake on previous visits, I was keen to see what it was like staying at the other end of town. I certainly wasn't disappointed!

Alix and Mark did me an amazing deal due to the length of my stay and it made my 6 weeks very affordable. I was out and about pretty much all day every day so it was nice to come back to a spotlessly clean room with a very comfortable bed, great kitchen facilities and the kind of spacious spa bath that I found hard to leave. The TV had all the main NZ channels as well as several Sky Sport channels which was great and the wifi internet was quick, reliable and free! My room was probably the closest of all the rooms to the main road but with the double glazing I was barely aware of any traffic noise and slept really well as a result.

Camelot has an excellent location on Ulster Street. There's a Pak'nSave nearby plus a Countdown just a bit further away. It's spot on for anyone wanting to watch the Chiefs play Super Rugby at Waikato Stadium (like me!) which is literally three minutes walk away. Camelot is also near a bus stop for the free shuttle bus that comes by every 10 mins so anyone who doesn't want to walk into Hamilton centre doesn't have to. The shuttle stops at the Transport Centre so anyone staying in Hamilton can easily use Camelot as a base to explore the wider region.

Alix and Mark are superb friendly hosts. They leave you alone to get on with your holiday but I always felt like they were available anytime should I have had any problems. There are many motels to choose from on Ulster Street but as far as I'm concerned the others would have to be extraordinary to match up to Camelot's comfort, atmosphere and value. I really didn't want to give my key back on my last morning and it felt like I was moving out of my home! Next time I'm in Hamilton there's only one place I'll be staying and that's Camelot.

Cheers Alix and Mark!

Adam P, UK

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The motels and serviced apartments that we had chosen to stay in were fully booked. We drove around Hamilton and came upon Camelot on Ulster. We were made welcome by Alex, who along with her husband Mark are the owners of this business. We opened our room and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was large,very clean and well appointed. The kitchen area was adequately stocked. Our bed was very comfortable,we also had good pillows. The overhead fan was a bonus, even though we had an air conditioner , we preferred to use the fan as we slept. Alex and Mark are a young couple who are not afraid of hard work .
Camelot motel is quiet with the units well back from he road. I would certainly stay again when in Hamilton.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Paeroa, New Zealand
Reviewed January 31, 2014

From the moment we arrived to book in the service was outstanding. Spic and span rooms. Having the fan in the room was fantastic as it was a very hot day in Hamilton. Bed very comfy and no street noise even though the complex is very close to the main road in Hamilton.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
whakatane
Reviewed January 19, 2014

There were 5 of us booked into the three bedroom accommodation. I've rated it 'Very Good' because I would stay there again, but it's funny place with lots of contradictions.
The rooms were reasonably clean but I found a beer bottle top in a kitchen cupboard and something sticky had been split down the wall in our bedroom so I felt that there wasn't much attention to detail. The extremely comfortable beds had beautiful crisp white sheets but a stained and grubby bedspread. The motel advertise air con but our room didn't have it which was annoying as it was so warm while we were there. On the plus side it's lovely and quiet so we slept with the windows open. We had to ask for a bedside light as none of the rooms had suitable lighting for reading, the management were quick to respond to our request. The welcome wasn't all that warm, I wasn't asked if I'd been to Hamilton before, needed any tourist info etc etc but the ladies that serviced the rooms were lovely and helpful. I would have liked to give some feedback while we were there but there wasn't the opportunity - no comment forms and we weren't asked about our stay when we checked out. Other pluses include that the pool was very pleasant and I liked the way our room was decorated and furnished. The kitchen was well equipped and had everything you would need to cook a meal.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the motel, parking was a little cosier but it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Auckland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The room is spacious for 5 adults and 1 child. They have air-conditioning which is excellent. Room is clean and tidy. They have an outdoor pool which is good for kids. This motel is family friendly, should have been excellent if they have 50+ Sky Channel(cartoon channels for kids) option instead of just 4 Sky Channels. And the room has a bar fridge which only has a small freezer for ice cubes, no room for 1 liter of Ice cream if guests would buy from the walking distance Pak N Save.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Our family of five stayed a night at this motel and would have been happier to have stayed longer.

The facilities were really good, the rooms were impressively decorated, and the location was ideal. The kids loved the flat screen TV and the (small) pool.

• Stayed December 2013