“Clean apartment - excellent value for money”

Victoria Hotel Suites
Victoria Hotel Suites
Ranked #17 of 24 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Australia
“Clean apartment - excellent value for money”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We, a group of six booked a two bedroom apartment and a studio apartment. We found the apartment had very well equipped kitchen and very clean. Both bedrooms had queen beds and the linen was very clean and sheets crisp. The hotel is very central to the restuarant area and has undercover parking. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ozzyfootprints

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gisborne
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Very good value for money and good location. Great to have two rooms, very quiet and clean.
Lovely hosts.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet but some other people I met had changed to a quieter room so would pay to ask...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tui F
wellington
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel is very central and the undercover parking is very good. I felt the decor in the room was rather drab, but it was clean and very quiet. It was very spacious and the shower must be the best one in town. Very powerful. I would stay here again because the rate was excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dubai
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great location in the centre of town with free, covered parking. We stayed for a week and were given an upgrade, which was a nice touch. Our one bedroomed suite was quiet and spacious. The free wifi was a bit slow, but otherwise fine. Staff were helpful and friendly. We asked if we could borrow a coffee plunger and a selection was provided immediately, which impressed us. Similarly, a later check-out time was no problem. The kitchen area in the suite was well equipped and hot drinks supplies were replenished daily. Overall, a very good experience and we will return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed here in early October, and booked a queen studio room for myself and my husband. We were attending a function across the road so it was in a good central location for when we went out later in the evening.

My first impressions were good, it was easy to find and we could park our car in the under cover parking building for free. When I checked in the hotel owner was helpful and I paid on arrival, it was only $136 which I thought was cheap. Our room was around the side of the hotel and off the road, so it was really quiet. The room was nice and clean and everything was tidy. It was basic but everything was there if you wanted a hot drink, or to heat something up in the microwave, so don't expect to be able to cook something in this particular room. There were plenty of places to eat at around the hotel anyway. The bathroom was nice, a shower and no bath, but just what we needed. Their was an air con system, but the room was just the right temperature so we didn't need to use it.

Overall this hotel is great if you are having a night out and want somewhere central to stay. It's comfortable enough and the parking was handy as it was secure. The earlier reviews were about harsh, but maybe they have done renovations or updated it since those were written, but it is definitely priced well and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

When I arrived here I went straight to my room which had not been cleaned. Even after it was done, there were still pubic hairs in the shower and on the floor. There is no view from the window and a walled in patio area with cig butts scattered around. It is a noisy place with people shouting and slamming doors, so if you're looking for a good night sleep, this is not the place. I wish I'd payed an extra 20 bucks and stayed in a better place.

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Birmingham
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I thought I was taking a gambol staying here as hadnt read tripadvisor reports as it is strangely classsified as a B and B rather than a hotel on trip advisor.
When we checked in and I couldnt get the Wi Fi to work the manager was concerned and sorted it out within minutes. After that it worked perfectly.
The room was huge and clean, with a large comfortable bed, air con worked fine. We had a kettle, toaster and microwave.
Good shower in bathroom but no bath.
Computers in lobby free to use and free newspaper.
Room could do with a bedside lamp on each side of the bed and some nice pictures.
Ideal location in victoria street where there are lots of good restaurants, we ate at Bank, iguana and gengys.
When we had to rush back to England due to serious family illness they were kind sympathetic and allowed us to print out our changed tickets.
I highly recommend the staff and would stay here again if we come back to New Zealand

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple