“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

From the outside, this restaurant doesn't look much, especially next to the huge new Italian that has just opened next door to it, but ignore the outside of it because the food is amazing! The garlic bread was only $6 but was the best garlic bread I've had in Hamilton. I had the seafood linguine and my partner had a pizza, both were amazing and our favourite meals we have had out here. Very good value too, we managed to squeeze in dessert as well, I had the tiramisu which was huge and very tasty. Would recommend to everyone it is truly mouth watering.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We don't normally choose Italian restaurants but we were glad we went here. Admittedly the service is mediocre - well meaning but on the slow side BUT the food is great. The veal masala was recommended so we tried it - wonderful. My husband had the scallop pasta - loved it. And the prices are great - especially compared to many other restaurants. We went twice!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Can you imagine a Philippino chef cooking Italian? Well this is what you get. Trained in London UK, and was partly responsible for the start of the Pizza Hut franchises over there. Finally settled in Hamilton New Zealand. Has an extensive pizza menu and a large selection as well on the menu. The Chef's specials are listed on a separate sheet. We both chose different starters and again mains.There was more than enough and served up by chef's wife. The following day was ou wedding anniversary, we chose to eat again with different choices, again the service was excellent the food divine. We also received a complimentary glass of wine. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was the worst steak I have had in my life. It was too tough to eat and when I complained they discounted a very expensive meal by $9 - thank you for nothing

1  Thank 360MaryP
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This must be one of Hamilton's great little secrets. Nestled amongst all the other NZ and ethnic restaurants in Victoria Street, the clean cut 'Italia' frontage and its small dimensions bely what is offered inside. An extensive pasta, pizza and genuine other Italian menu (with even more delicious blackboard specials) is almost mind-boggling, but still presented simply and clearly. I had a squid and homemade pan-fried bread as a starter - fried squid melted in my mouth with heaps of lovely flavours. My beef main came with an absolutely fresh side salad and a highly garnished and very tasty side of rice. Absolutely yum. We tried some italian wines including a lovely Chianti. A great experience. The waitress added to the fun evening, happy to answer our questions about the food and wine. And the bill... this was amazing value for money. Good and plentiful of food, simple surroundings and excellent service. We'll be returning to try more of the menu and wine.