“Service and Food”

Homestead Bar and Eatery
Ranked #298 of 359 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Service and Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was a birthday meal celebration. Table was booked but we had no cutlery or menus given to us until I went to bar to ask for them. even so we only got the menus. The restaurant had run out of steak!!! I would have thought such an establishment would never do this. People in the party had varying food experiences ranging from good to mediocre. Admittedly the evening was the same night are as the LAst France -All Black test but I thought the service slow . Even the manager who came to apologise for lack of steak wasn't able to improve the service. I thought the pricing of food was high eg the fish dish was $32approx I would rate it at $25.

• Visited June 2013

“PRETTY GOOD MEALS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went out as a family on a busy Saturday night, brought two kids meals, one adult meal off the menu and one off the specials board. Kids meals were okay, bit expensive for 5 nuggets and chips at $10.50. Loved the meal off the menu, the special meal was just okay. All in all not a bad night, the waiter was good and the host was busy working all the time. A pretty good family restuarant.

• Visited May 2013
“The best steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend and I went for after work drinks and ended up with steak meals. They were delicious. Big fat juicy tender steak. We were so full after that we went home after instead of going on to our planned event. They have a great cook there Turei who is a master whizz at anything involving meat.

On the down side every time I have gone for drinks the barman has managed to slurp some of my drink over the glass before he hands it to me which is a bit yucky.

• Visited April 2013